Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze...
06-07-2020, (Subject: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... ) 
RE: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze...
Hello, first post, I recently Bought my first truck, a Kenworth CM870. And as they often do,it idles rough. After reading this forum i decided to follow the advice above and clean and inspect the actuators. First for curiocity i put a stethoscope to each one, 3 sounded like sewing machines and one sounded rough. they were all spottless with zero debris inside them. However i did notice the abnormal play as explained by Rawze on the one timing actuator which sounded strange. i called around for a replacement but it will be a while to get one (Northern Canada). So after a cold one and scratching my head, i looked closer and noticed the shafts on the internal pieces that raises and lowers are machined somewhat triangular. (kind of like a needle valve on a small engine carb) i spun them 180* so that the wear areas would no longer be aligned. As read in the Forum rules im not suggesting this as a long term solution, (step over a dollar for a nickel) but the truck idles perfect while i am waiting for my new actuator to arrive. It also confirmed that was my idle problem.

Cheers,
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze , Brock

Messages In This Thread
RE: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... - CandianJake - 06-07-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.