Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze...
05-17-2018, (Subject: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... ) 
RE: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze...
(05-17-2018 )rrod Wrote:  
(05-15-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  refresh your screen you'll see the image for a second before it's cancelled back out.

That’s exactly what happens to me sometimes. Don’t know why. What I do then is , touch it and wait for the menu to pop out. Then hit “save picture “. Then go to the pictures gallery app to open it.

Its your browser's crappy security settings acting up.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
04-03-2019, (Subject: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... ) 
Hi my name is clicerio Please I just rebuilt my Isx 2004 wen the truck parking I press the gas pedal the rpm going up normal but wen the rpm going down the engine shaking and started working normally can you please help me our I can bring the truck to please all the injectors was replaced but I don’t know what’s the problem to find out why the truck it’s shaking little bit wen the acceleration going down and after the shaking go way and the engine started it’s working find.please Rawze can you please helping our our you know any mechanic I can bring my truck. Can you please call at {number removed} any clue???i appreciate.
replyreply
04-03-2019, (Subject: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... ) 
(04-03-2019 )Triumph trucking Wrote:  Hi my name is clicerio Please I just rebuilt my Isx 2004 wen the truck parking I press the gas pedal the rpm going up normal but wen the rpm going down the engine shaking and started working normally can you please help me our I can bring the truck to please all the injectors was replaced but I don’t know what’s the problem to find out why the truck it’s shaking little bit wen the acceleration going down and after the shaking go way and the engine started it’s working find.please Rawze can you please helping our our you know any mechanic I can bring my truck. Can you please call at {number removed} any clue???i appreciate.

what tests were performed to conclude all the injectors were bad?

Has anyone done an injector leak test?

Does it go away when the engine brake is turned off?

Has anyone done a cut-out test where they run engine on one cylinder at a time?

How old is the crank shaft damper?

Does it do it when the EGR Temperature sensor is unplugged?

has anyone puled the metering and timing actuators off and inspected/checked them?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
06-07-2020, (Subject: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... ) 
Hello, first post, I recently Bought my first truck, a Kenworth CM870. And as they often do,it idles rough. After reading this forum i decided to follow the advice above and clean and inspect the actuators. First for curiocity i put a stethoscope to each one, 3 sounded like sewing machines and one sounded rough. they were all spottless with zero debris inside them. However i did notice the abnormal play as explained by Rawze on the one timing actuator which sounded strange. i called around for a replacement but it will be a while to get one (Northern Canada). So after a cold one and scratching my head, i looked closer and noticed the shafts on the internal pieces that raises and lowers are machined somewhat triangular. (kind of like a needle valve on a small engine carb) i spun them 180* so that the wear areas would no longer be aligned. As read in the Forum rules im not suggesting this as a long term solution, (step over a dollar for a nickel) but the truck idles perfect while i am waiting for my new actuator to arrive. It also confirmed that was my idle problem.

Cheers,
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze , Brock
06-07-2020, (Subject: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... ) 
Good job, most folks will not go that far, run her! Give us the particulars on the truck too, mileage, etc... What are you using for, etc...

Stethoscope, damn good idea.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: CandianJake
(06-07-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Good job, most folks will not go that far, run her! Give us the particulars on the truck too, mileage, etc... What are you using for, etc...

Stethoscope, damn good idea.

Thanks, just thought it might help someone out. truck has 970,000KM, engine has been replaced (drop in) hour meeter reads 11950. Its a gravel truck sometimes pulling a pup or equipment trailer. there are some other issues im working thru, pulling hard it starts missing a bit over 1300 rpm, gonna do an injector leak test. Jakes wernt all working when hot, put a tune up kit in it and its way better, but not perfect, i suspect worn jake gallerys on the rockershaft. Done the oil pump mod, i used good quality washers rather then dimes, that way it was easy to install them in the pump while it was still on the engine. i stacked the washers with a thin layer of grease between them and put a screwdriver thru them all and slid it in the pump that way, worked really well. wish i put 1 or 2 more washers, 43-44 PSI when engine is hot at 1500 RPM. next oil change i might drop the pan again. Im running rotella with a bit of gear oil like Rawze suggested, not too much carbon in the oil filter. Set the overhead as shown by Rawze, including injectors with the correct torque wrench. the truck in non mandated, when pulling hard i get 32-33 PSI boost, i have to let off otherwise the EGT would climb over 1000, i keep an eye on that pretty close. not sure of the condition of the temp and intake pressure sensors. i get low fuel pressure codes once the truck gets hot and is idling. if i raise the idle slightly the amber light goes out. Ive put a clear hose on the fuel circut between the fuel filter housing and the IFSM, zero bubbles.

basically im trying to tinker with one thing at a time so i dont confuse one action with an unrelated result.

Cheers,
replyreply
That's not quite enough boost for an 870. Max should be up around 38.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
06-08-2020, (Subject: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... ) 
(06-07-2020 )CandianJake Wrote:  ... the truck in non mandated,

Who did the programming?.

Many programs are bad and still cause derates or other issues like lower then normal boost (or often higher than normal on newer engines). Sounds like it may be still derated, high possibility that something in the programming may not be quite if ti was not done by the very few people known to be able to 100% properly do 870's.

I would suggest heavily that you copy of the program out of the ecm, e-mail it to me for an inspection if you want to know exactly what you have in there and not have to question it.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: CandianJake
06-10-2020, (Subject: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... ) 
I will get CT and send you the programing. i PM'd you the name of who i believe did the programing.

Thanks again.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.