Jakes and high boost?
11-19-2016, (Subject: Jakes and high boost? ) 
RE: Jakes and high boost?
(11-19-2016 )Unilevers Wrote:  at 40 pounds is getting borderline too much. yes they work awesome there but it is extremely hard on the manifold/turbo and the head itself.

personally i would tweak it down to 35ish max.

Do you mean ecm or just down shift at less rpm? I try to down shift at 1200 if jakeing.
replyreply
Don't ever remember seeing mine over 30 psi on the jake's 3rd step/max, that's on electronic boost gauge that came incorporated into the optional gauges /navigation screen.....
replyreply
Just a thought is exhaust backpresure line functioning, on a North American cm2250 with egr and vgt turbo, this line is on the egr manifold and connects to termastat housing, if you run @m*m^2 and put in a straight manifold make sure to drill and tap and conect this line if your moter is still tuned for a vgt, other wise the ECM has no way of knowing exhaust backpresure and will keep turbo nozzle ring in max boost which could overboost turbo and cause catastrophic damage to you engine
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.