Better Fuel Mileage through Legal Custom Tuning...
02-18-2020, (Subject: Better Fuel Mileage through Legal Custom Tuning... ) 
RE: Better Fuel Mileage through Legal Custom Tuning...
(02-18-2020 )Magard Wrote:  I’m liking it. Honestly if your driving it right the normal torque curve tune on the pedal you should never be max torque and low rpm. I want it because the truck has 3.36 gears and I’ll run 13th gear on cruise about 1300rpm quit a bit. If I’m not paying attention and it pulls down some I don’t want it capable of making torque if lugged down. I know cruise control is bad. I’m lazy. Just like 90% of truckers. I only use it if the country I’m in is pretty flat and my cruise parameters are set loose. It just helps protect the engine, one that is known to not have the best liner design.

My truck is spec'd pretty close. I get my best fuel mileage running cruise in 13th gear 1350rpm (63mph) but if I'm heavy or pulling any kind of hills it's just too hard on the engine. Even before finding this site I learned from listening to the engine that it didn't like heavy torque below 1300rpm. These days I try to keep above 1400 for normal pulls and over 1500 for heavier pulls. Seems my engine and driveline combo produce the best fuel mileage when run at 1350, 1450, 1550 rpm.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
02-18-2020, (Subject: Better Fuel Mileage through Legal Custom Tuning... ) 
This truck now has a 1550 torque curve 1200rpm and below. 1750 torque at 1400rpm. So it ramps in between at like 1650 or so at 1300rpm. This is what is capable with custom legal tuning. Plus emissions system is more lenient and derates have been tamed down. So reliability should be better in a bfe situation. Lower def usage and better mileage might be there for me but I put more rpm in the torque curve so that might hurt mileage if I use the power. I was really after the lower torque at lower rpm and more reliability.
JimT the engine was designed to work best at 1750rpm. So the closer to that when doing big work the better.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar
03-01-2020, (Subject: Better Fuel Mileage through Legal Custom Tuning... ) 
So a little feed back on the legal tune. Mommaburt got me straightened out with my tune. I’ve ran it for a week now. Fuel mileage is up a quarter to a half mpg and my def usage has went down but negligible. I’m now running 80hp more so I think these are actually impressive numbers. I’m running a demandated 2250 in a Volvo same run. I’m getting better mileage running leagal tune in a 2350 Lonestar. The tune in the Volvo is highly tuned. I’ve milked everything out of it I safely can in the timing tables. The egr levels are running somewhere around half as much with this legal tune. That is effectively raising the timing. Which is where the mileage is coming from plus the higher compression. Legal tune still runs pilot and post injection which allows higher timing also so I believe I’m safe. The only thing I see is when the engine is cold. Like below operating temperature I see higher boost then I like and water temperature warms way to fast to be normal. It doesn’t have to be much below operating temperature. Like getting fuel at the trucks stop and pulling back out on the highway 35psi boost. Soon as it warms a little it’s back to 28-30. My last mileage check I got 6.74mpg. That’s climbing over a mountain that is close to 10,000 feet elevation.( Westguard pass. It’s one lane in places not recommended for trucks. I was empty going over. Loaded and went around coming back.) I am a believer in this legal tune route. Def and fuel combined my fuel/def daily costs are less on legal tune in this situation. The absolute best mpg I ever got with the Volvo on this run was 6.5 mpg and I didn’t climb over the mountain, I went around.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Brock , LargeCar , ckhauler
03-01-2020, (Subject: Better Fuel Mileage through Legal Custom Tuning... ) 
The difference in chassis styles alone for a Volvo vs. the lonestar dictate that the volvo will typically be ~ 0.3-ish lower fuel mileage given all other conditions, gear ratios, engine type, spec and power,. etc. the same.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
04-10-2020, (Subject: Better Fuel Mileage through Legal Custom Tuning... ) 
How i can get the tune my ECM and how much it be cost? I living in central Pennsylvania
replyreply
04-12-2020, (Subject: Better Fuel Mileage through Legal Custom Tuning... ) 
PM Mommaburt. He can square you away
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Brock , SergeyB
04-13-2020, (Subject: Better Fuel Mileage through Legal Custom Tuning... ) 
Can you please post Mommaburt profile or email. Thanks
replyreply
04-14-2020, (Subject: Better Fuel Mileage through Legal Custom Tuning... ) 
http://rawze.com/forums/private.php?acti...d&uid=1079

This should be a link to PM him.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SergeyB , Robert1966Garcia
06-24-2021, (Subject: Better Fuel Mileage through Legal Custom Tuning... ) 
Hi Rawze, Mr. Hagg

I recently had a custom tune done and was wondering why the ABS and TC light won't go off. Is there an Update on the tune or program to correct the ABS light issue. I'm trying to get a DOT and they won't pass me with the light on.

Cheers

User's Signature: We're a full grid off.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.