Truck will not start
11-23-2016, (Subject: Truck will not start ) 
RE: Truck will not start
Rush here in atl. Doesn't have the Mitsubishi, but they have the delco. They quoted 260 for the whole starter. Does this sound like a reman?
replyreply
11-24-2016, (Subject: Truck will not start ) 
To bypass the clutch switch, you need to connect the wires coming out of switch cavity A and B. I think they are pink. The other two are for the cruise control disconnect.
Just looked up the wiring they should be B17A/pink.
replyreply
04-06-2020, (Subject: Truck will not start ) 
Old thread, but anyone here know the socket size needed for the starter mounting bolts? I believe it’s a 12 point but not sure on the socket size.

2350 btw...
replyreply
(11-21-2016 )74bassman Wrote:  I'm stuck at a dock, the truck will not start. I turn the key everything lights up as usual. The isn't even turning over, so I don't if it might be the ignition switch, or starter. I do have press the clutch to start this truck. Next where is the starter located on a cummins?[/size]

Even though this is an old thread , Just Incase .

99% of the trucks I have driven are Peterbilt with cats , the one I have now is a cummins.
Same starter on all of them including my freightliner.
There is a two wire plug below all your wires right at the starter motor. If you have any kind of oil leak where that plug is getting oil on it the oil eventually gets into that plug and when it does the starter won’t do anything and I mean it flat out won’t do nothing when you turn the key.

No click no power draw nothing.
Unplug that plug and spay some either or brake clean , something to cut the oil and flush out the plug”both sides of the plug”. Put the plug back in and if that’s the problem it should start. The first time this happened to me my truck was down for three days trying to figure out why it wouldn’t even try to turn over.

User's Signature: Have you checked your muffler bearings today?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DSTdriver
Did you happen to remember the socket size For the starter bolts? Thanks in advance
replyreply
04-07-2020, (Subject: Truck will not start ) 
16mm or 5/8 with 12 points will do the job. You'll need long and preferably wobble type extensions too.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , Rawze , DSTdriver
04-07-2020, (Subject: Truck will not start ) 
(04-06-2020 )Peashooter67 Wrote:  ...
Unplug that plug and spay some either or brake clean , something to cut the oil and flush out the plug”both sides of the plug”.

It should also be note that ALL brake cleaner should be dry / dried off after using it on any type of high current electrical connectors, especially around the starter, BEFORE they are activated to avoid a fire.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DSTdriver

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.