Paccar MX-13 tuning
06-04-2017, (Subject: Paccar MX-13 tuning ) 
RE: Paccar MX-13 tuning
(06-04-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(06-04-2017 )Black sheep freight Wrote:  I plan to run flatbed with this truck, grossing upto 80k, and sometimes substantially less, and I don't tend to run around like a chook with its head cutoff so while 15/16l would be nice it's overkill.

I've pm'd unilevers but will also hit up gearhead, and see if they have or can recommend a tune to suit. I'm aware of the other options out there but as has been seen in the isx world some of the quality of these tunes is questionable at best...

Lastly certainly would keep the Vgt and would run a mile from anyone who suggested switching to a fixed geometry turbo in this application.

If all these so-called delete shops and custom tuning guys can't even get an ISX right, it open as can be and nothing hidden, I doubt that they would fair any better with a different brand of engine. -- Just because you might have found some guys with that special screwdriver to tweak on one does not mean they have any idea how to use it properly.

My point exactly, having seen the horror stories on this site about bad tunes, there is very few people I'd trust, to tune it, versus leaving it as is and staying super diligent with maintenance of the emissions system. Hence before jumping off the cliff doing the DD on it and tracking down the right man for the job.

As mentioned I've Pm'd unilevers but understand he's just had a newborn (congrats, and I know EXACTLY what that's like!) and I'll ring gearhead tomorrow.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paccar MX-13 tuning - Black sheep freight - 06-04-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.