VG turbo improvements?
11-21-2016, (Subject: VG turbo improvements? ) 
RE: VG turbo improvements?
(11-20-2016 )Jarhead79 Wrote:  After thought, but if best mpg is before 20# boost can the turbo be programmed to stay below 20# boost at full load throttle? I have not got any software as yet. But I am trying to grasp things a bit before I think of looking into the ecm stuff.

No , keeping boost and egt down is a means of using less torque, the 20psi figure is not the magical number for fuel economy and purely a direct measure of the torque your demanding . Boost needs to be relative to the fuel required for a % Of torque to maintain proper AFR
replyreply
(11-21-2016 )AussieISX Wrote:  No , keeping boost and egt down is a means of using less torque, the 20psi figure is not the magical number for fuel economy and purely a direct measure of the torque your demanding . Boost needs to be relative to the fuel required for a % Of torque to maintain proper AFR

Well said.

less torque, gearing down early and properly to keep boost lower, and better driving habits = better fuel economy and longer engine life. Limiting boost helps you find the right gear for that hill, helps you keep your foot off the floor too.

My wife says this to everyone -- "Adjusting that nut behind the steering wheel is the hardest one of all to adjust." -- I.E. YOU! lol

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
From Dale Watson's trucking session's. Loose nut behind the wheel.
https://youtu.be/5LqyaV4PW7I

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.