DPF cleaning
12-05-2016, (Subject: DPF cleaning ) 
DPF cleaning
Can i clean my own DPF? I have a prostar 2015 model ISX 485 275K on the Odo. engine was rebuilt @237K due to oil consumption under warranty. Cam was flaking off-so new cam and bearings, new fuel pump, new oil pump, new rods and mains, plus new pistons, rings and liners. DPF pressure was ok then. DPF has never been cleaned.... Just thinking it is about time to clean it.
replyreply
RE: DPF cleaning
(12-05-2016 )bigbluebinder Wrote:  Can i clean my own DPF? I have a prostar 2015 model ISX 485 275K on the Odo. engine was rebuilt @237K due to oil consumption under warranty. Cam was flaking off-so new cam and bearings, new fuel pump, new oil pump, new rods and mains, plus new pistons, rings and liners. DPF pressure was ok then. DPF has never been cleaned.... Just thinking it is about time to clean it.

Remove it and send it somewhere to have it baked. that is your best bet if you want it cleaned. Take pictures of the face when you pull it off and post em for speculation as to its condition.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Take the dpf and doc to get cleaned and baked professionaly. Mine cost about $270 for both with gaskets and 1 day turn around. I have a 2011 cm2250. 90,000 miles and still good. Probably clean it again next 100,000. Don't pressure wash it like the people on you tube you will have problems down the road trying to save a couple hundred dollars.
replyreply
(12-05-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  Take the dpf and doc to get cleaned and baked professionaly. Mine cost about $270 for both with gaskets and 1 day turn around. I have a 2011 cm2250. 90,000 miles and still good. Probably clean it again next 100,000. Don't pressure wash it like the people on you tube you will have prkoblems down the road trying to save a couple hundred dollars.

About the doc. They do not bake them.

They only blow all the soot/ash out of it.

Its basically just like a catalytic converter...

I have a long blow gun I made out of piping and smashed the one end flat with a hammer creates lota air flow.

I had docs cleaned from Kenworth in "their" machine that blows them out and my blow gun actually does a far better job because I make damn sure I got all of it not just through the middle but along the sides...

They still can not give me a decent answer on how and when a doc is bad except if its cracked but I still dont agree with that answer ESPECIALLY when im looking for answers on HOURS not how long a doc will last mileage wise....

Obviously they must get washed out eventually and they do not do their job, just like you can only force Regen a dpf/bake a dpf so many times before its just a used up nasty honey comb that lost its effectiveness regardless on how much syrup and honey you use
replyreply
12-06-2016, (Subject: DPF cleaning ) 
here is some info..
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid10137

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-10-2016, (Subject: DPF cleaning ) 
(12-05-2016 )bigbluebinder Wrote:  Can i clean my own DPF? I have a prostar 2015 model ISX 485 275K on the Odo. engine was rebuilt @237K due to oil consumption under warranty. Cam was flaking off-so new cam and bearings, new fuel pump, new oil pump, new rods and mains, plus new pistons, rings and liners. DPF pressure was ok then. DPF has never been cleaned.... Just thinking it is about time to clean it.

I used to clean my DPF with an air hose and a blowgun. I know it is not as effective as getting it professionally cleaned, but I think you ca get away with it if you find yourself in a pinch.

I was always careful not to put the blowgun too close to the ceramic outlet side for fear I might crack the DPF internally. I believe the internal structure is very fragile. Also I disagree with having it baked, only do that if the professionals say it needs it. Also I prefer to get my DPF cleaned at a dealer like Frightliner or Kenworth or Peterbilt. They use an AirKnife cleaning system which I think is more effective than the way Cummins does it. They just simply blow air through it. However, the airknife method might be more risky to damaging the DPF internally, than just blowing air through it all at once. I believe the air pressure that the professional cleaners use is 28 psi.

As for the DOC, you can clean that yourself, use an air gun.

Also you will likely need to get your truck connected to a PC and have a DPF maintenance reset done to tell the ECM that the DPF was cleaned.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.