What does Your DPF Look Like? ...
12-10-2016, (Subject: What does Your DPF Look Like? ... ) 
RE: What does Your DPF Look Like? ...
(12-10-2016 )EricB Wrote:  This is what my DOC looks like when it gets face plugged. I do not loose coolant so I suspect this is caused engine oil. Could it be from the Turbo seals leaking? I suspected my turbo was leaking oil and had Cummins check it, and they said its fine. I do not think it is the pistons because it sometimes do not use any oil. I could drive 10k miles and not have any loss of oil but right now it is using about 1 gal of oil after 10k-15k miles. I cannot think of any other ways to loose oil except through the turbo and maybe the valve seals.

My truck is a 2010 Kenworth T370 with a cummins ISC and 728k miles

The buildup to me looks like a combination of soot problems in the engine, oil and excess moisture, but not coolant. You must be letting the engine cool off every day, and warming it back up, causing a lot of condensation, as well as having some kind of oil issues from wear somewhere. -- it is also apparent that your regen cycles are NOT doing what they are supposed to do.

As well, you need to figure out why your engine is making too much soot.

============
Looking at it further ---

Unless you have partially cleaned it,.. -- THAT DPF IS CRACKED! -- AND/OR MELTED INTERNALLY AND IS TOAST!

It is not getting air-flow evenly across it, and there is no way you can get that much buildup on the edges without the whole thing being somewhat covered unless it is internally damaged! -- BAD, RESTRICTIVE DPF! --- AND IT WILL CAUSE EGNIENE PROBLEMS TOO!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What does Your DPF Look Like? ... - Rawze - 12-10-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.