Air dyer, Compressor
12-19-2016, (Subject: Air dyer, Compressor ) 
Air dyer, Compressor
This morning, I found out the valve in the bottom of the air dyer stays open, and it seems like my Compressor is not shutting off. Pressure gets to a little over 120, and I hear it bleeding off the excess pressure down to about 100 psi. This happens a couple times a min. Any advice on where to start fixing this? Thanks
replyreply
RE: Air dyer, Compressor
(12-19-2016 )74bassman Wrote:  This morning, I found out the valve in the bottom of the air dyer stays open, and it seems like my Compressor is not shutting off. Pressure gets to a little over 120, and I hear it bleeding off the excess pressure down to about 100 psi. This happens a couple times a min. Any advice on where to start fixing this? Thanks
Disconnect air line from compressor inject some air system antifreeze connect it and drive down the system.
Drain air tanks after. Governor and line to compressor need to check too.
replyreply
The air antifreeze will that clean out the system?
replyreply
While ice maybe be keeping it from seating, you may need to replace the purge valve.
About $90. The spring gets weak over time like everything else.
When was the last time you changed the drier cartridge?

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
Right now I'm in Florida, I don't think ice is the problem. The whole dryer unit was replaced 1 1/2 years ago. Going down the road , and not using the brakes. Pressure builds to a little over 120, then bleeds down to just under 120.
replyreply
(12-19-2016 )74bassman Wrote:  Right now I'm in Florida, I don't think ice is the problem. The whole dryer unit was replaced 1 1/2 years ago. Going down the road , and not using the brakes. Pressure builds to a little over 120, then bleeds down to just under 120.
didn't know you are warm.
Check governor
replyreply
Is there any test for the governor
replyreply
(12-19-2016 )74bassman Wrote:  Is there any test for the governor

Less then $20 for governor and 15 min labor to replace is test.
125 PSI pressure is too high. Compressor unloader could be bad too.
replyreply
12-20-2016, (Subject: Air dyer, Compressor ) 
(12-19-2016 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(12-19-2016 )74bassman Wrote:  Is there any test for the governor

Less then $20 for governor and 15 min labor to replace is test.
125 PSI pressure is too high. Compressor unloader could be bad too.

Change your cartridge on your air dryer. If you have a bendix...They have online class and tech you about the air dryer and brake system & the best thing about its free
http://www.brake-school.com/public/

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.