Is paccar spying on us?
12-24-2016, (Subject: Is paccar spying on us? ) 
Is paccar spying on us?
Hi whats that cell and gps antenna on the roof of my 2012 t660 truck doing ? I guess it has something to do with the envelope light on my dash I momentarily see during startup. I've heard about auto manufacturers being able to shut down cars can they do that with my truck? Thanks
replyreply
RE: Is paccar spying on us?
(12-24-2016 )Shipit Wrote:  Hi whats that cell and gps antenna on the roof of my 2012 t660 truck doing ? I guess it has something to do with the envelope light on my dash I momentarily see during startup. I've heard about auto manufacturers being able to shut down cars can they do that with my truck? Thanks
To my understanding the tuck send a diagnostic check, this supposed to help fleet owner, when their something wrong with the truck. Paccar can link up to the truck to send information to the nearby dealership or service center for repair

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
Yup, they are spying on your engine/truck. That way they can maximize profits for themselves and force you to use a stealership for repairs. They actually should be paying YOU for the use of the system. After-all they do sell the info to other companies who want to track what you do so that they can market and profit from that data too.

It is no different than that cable-tv box in your living room. They get feedback on what programs you watch and how often you change the channel, sell that info to marketers, etc. increasing their profits. -- I.E. You should be getting paid for that information they are silently skimming from you. I think cable TV should be free!. They are collecting from you, this info for free, forcing you to watch their marketed and targeted bullshit ads, all while making millions off it. To top it off,.. All while charging you a monthly premium to boot.

Google and all the other search engines on the Internet do this same thing, but at leasts they aren't charging you money to boot.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Just like Facebook. The privacy intrusion is massive. Under "suggested pages" I've been noticing that it correlates closely to what I've been searching on google or what pages I've been browsing lately. I go on Raneys and the next day they are on my news feed. I went into a small town for a couple hours and the next day their local furniture store was on my news feed.

I just booked a trip to Cuba with transat for next week while my motor is being rebuilt........ BOOM Transat Cuba vacations on my news feed.

Kinda getting out of hand.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
Well if I dike the coaxes I wonder if it would show a fault? You dont need other trucking companies cutting in on your customers.
replyreply
12-25-2016, (Subject: Is paccar spying on us? ) 
Time to unplug.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O1cfAZ8-_A

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
12-25-2016, (Subject: Is paccar spying on us? ) 
We have that system on our new 579s. It's actually set up to ping our email/phones when there is an issue with the truck. Check engine/abs ect,ect. It comes back to one of our techs in the shop. We can have the part ready or a spot ready in the shop for when it gets back. Works quite well. We do our own warranty and service work though. Peterbilt was willing to work with us on that end. I'm sure paccar can see what's going on through the system, but it doesn't seem like they care. I don't see them shutting the truck down intentionally anyway.

After going to the Peterbilt class 8 factory a few weeks ago, I don't know if I would purchase a different brand now. Highly professional, extremely accommodating. The people there that I spoke to couldn't care less what you do with the truck once you own it. They were very willing to do about whatever the buyer wanted. I can't speak for other dealerships, but my local dealer is very good.
replyreply
12-26-2016, (Subject: Is paccar spying on us? ) 
Pictures I took myself while re-building a $40,000 high speed hydraulic precision press head in 2007. This is the standard of quality of how I worked ...

./uploads/201612/post_2_1482760427_3c47b456ad3c0d2b40a9fdd4e6aba7a7.jpg ./uploads/201612/post_2_1482760441_0e87fd83955a0d329b774971a98b85a0.jpg

I ABSOLUTELY COULD NOT STAND nor tolerate a dirty, or poor quality work environment!.

I have been inside just about ALL the OEM factories, including their suppliers, vedors, and component manufacturers facilities too. I have also been in just about ALL the tire-makers plants, Factories that make the dash components, seats, frames, I have been in the Thomas buss factory where they make all the school buses, Detroit, Cummins, GE engine factories, Kubota tractors, Various car, truck, and even aircraft component makers, Square-D, Siemens, etc.etc.etc. Literally thousands of factories big and small over the past many years. I have even been in the BMW, Mercedes car factories, BOSCH and many in Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Italy, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Mexico, and many other foreign countries too.

=======

Worst factories related directly to trucking that I have ever stepped foot in?---

Hands down #1 worst! -- Bridgestone/Firestone Tire Manufacturing plants!. -- Absolutely the nastiest, low-rent, not give-a s$#T place I have ever seen related to trucking and car/truck components. -- Yet I still buy their products (reluctantly though) because I get them so damn cheap,.. and I have never had a problem with their tires. - Compare that to the best tire plant(s) I have been inside -- Goodyear. It is like a hospital in their tire plants and you can eat off the floors. Not only that, but they take what they do VERY VERY seriously.

Of the engine plants, Bosch, Mercedes and BMW engine/car plants in germany are by far the highest quality of any manufacturing of anything else I have ever seen or have stepped foot in. Trumpf gmbh. germany (the machine tool, high power laser, etc builder, no affiliation with that idiot pipsqueak donnald) is right there in extreme high standards with them.

Another random picture I took one day ( I think it was inside BMW germany).
./uploads/201612/post_2_1482761152_c8ddad7ed976a737aeccc1f09d2972e0.jpg

Even their machinery is the same off-blue and off-white colors as their car logo. The same colors as the Bavarian flag where they are headquartered.

=======

It is almost never the manufacturer that has the question of poor quality of standards,.. It is the network of franchised stealerships and OEM repair facilities who are the complete ripp-off, ignorant idiot, brainwashed morons!.

It is really sad that it is this way, and there is no excuse for it at all. It stems from sheer franchised corporate greed.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod
12-26-2016, (Subject: Is paccar spying on us? ) 
There is no doubt that the Germans are among the finest engineers in the world. That is also exactly why they lost WW2 because when you get down to the bottom line, it has to be serviceable in the field.

Take a Luger and Springfield 1911 for example. Luger parts are double that of a 1911 and are not interchangeable. 1911 had .45 cal vs 9mm and had knock down power, interchangeable parts. Same comparison could be made for the Sherman tank or T34 vs. Panzer V. It all has to work in the worst conditions.

Unfortunately we have forgotten the lessons of the past. Mass production will always overwhelm technical superiority.

I totally understand why you checked out of the corporate lifestyle, money helps but is not the answer to being happy.

Happy New Year!

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.