Mpg drop isx15
02-19-2020, (Subject: Mpg drop isx15 ) 
RE: Mpg drop isx15
(02-19-2020 )SquareOne Wrote:  Def an older topic, but pertains to my question.....at what point in the year do you seasoned guys begin to see the fuel MPG return? I've combed over my truck to make sure everything's on point, but still seem to be about .4-.6 off on mpg. Throughout the summer months, I would consistently see low 9's, but as of lately, I just can't seem to break out of the mid 8's...

- Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the current mileage of this 2350, I just know that it's capable of more. We've had a VERY wet year so far, so that makes what I haul very heavy, and we have the occasional cold flash (although not near as bad as what many of you deal with daily), but I'm still closely monitoring those mpg's waiting on their return.

It all depends where you live, I'm solely in Alberta and I believe they switch to winter fuel in October and back to summer fuel around late March/ early April.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
He's in Florida, but could be the fuel your filling with doubt you guys use blended or treated fuel down there. Could be all the extra humidity if been raining alot. Thought you got new tires that could cause some loss. Maybe it's been breezy more than normal. Million factors for that small of a loss.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
I’m actually in southern MS, but run east-west on I10 nearly to FL. I did get new low RR highway tread tires about 60k ago and the mileage actually increased from the old tall lug recaps. It’s def been high humidity, raining, blowing, etc...basically a recipe for worse mileage with what I haul for sure. Hopefully it will straighten up by the end of next month. I’m tired of wet and dense fog lol. Last night seriously had to be the most dense fog I’ve ever driven in (in anything for that matter). The entire 155mi trip was a blinded crawl...

—>It’s definately a small loss, but it’s still a loss nonetheless. Drives me nuts. Kind of a blessing and a curse at the same time but if I’ve always lived by this....if you take care of the small stuff, the big stuff will take care of itself.

The end of March will be the end of my first full year at this, so I should be able to see some comparative conditions to last year by that time. Currently I’m in a part of the year that I have no data on.
replyreply
Well I was close that counts right lol. I think warmer weather less rain you should see it come back I would think.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.