spring bushings "cluncking" when turning pete 587
03-21-2017, (Subject: spring bushings "cluncking" when turning pete 587 ) 
RE: spring bushings "cluncking" when turning pete 587
(03-21-2017 )jasonlepak Wrote:  I've had the same problem lately with mine... And I think mine are so bad that it's causing my tires to wear badly.
I ordered mine through the dealer... Whom told me that my 2009 387 has "roller" bushings on the front springs - rear shackles... Which cost about $400 per side.

I'm currently replacing pretty much my whole front suspension minus the springs and axle.
I'll let you know if it fixes the noise while turning and hitting bumps.

I did read somewhere once upon a time that if you take a C-clamp and compress the two shackle brackets together fairly tight, and then loosen the hold down bolts and retighten them that it kinda temporarily fixes the problem for a while.
For the most part the washers between the brackets and the bushings/pins wear out the brackets and causes most of the play. So I've read anyway.
X2

I've got the same thing in my pete but my passenger side spring is drooped causing one side of my truck to lean. That's next on my to do list as it already took out my steering Tire like I knew it would. That's why I had chinese crap on there, I had a motor rebuild to pay for so I knew this would get pushed back.

I'm going to do the eye bushings on the rear and both torque arms as well so I was looking into atro polyurethane free rotating bushings, I'm gonna give them a go..... I'm sure my wallet won't agree though haha

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
03-22-2017, (Subject: spring bushings "cluncking" when turning pete 587 ) 
Rawze and I had talked about this problem when I was down there.. I told him I think I was going to try to buy the center steel sleeve.. Then pour them as polyurethane.. Heres a video on how to do it.. It's kinda long tho.. https://youtu.be/2_0BYvTkZ0o
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
03-25-2017, (Subject: spring bushings "cluncking" when turning pete 587 ) 
I'm working on replacing mine... Got one side finished today but it keeps raining so I'm taking my time.

The one in the pictures is from the rear of the front spring...
You can see how worn out the are and definitely needed to be replaced. Not sure how old they are.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Squish099
04-01-2017, (Subject: spring bushings "cluncking" when turning pete 587 ) 
Talk to a car hauler-this is very common maintenance. LOL
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.