After treatment dozer valve operation
01-08-2017, (Subject: After treatment dozer valve operation ) 
After treatment dozer valve operation
Here is my question and then an explanation of the scenario. When does the dozer valve release fuel into the exhaust system? I know it operates during a regen . However, after I serviced the dozer valve, I had forgotten to tighten up the two boats mounting the valve to the pipe. They were not super loose but loose enough that when I started driving the truck with an empty trailer, fuel was leaking onto the outside of the exhaust pipes causing white smoke. I quickly realized that I had forgotten to tighten up the bolts, and when I did the problem went away. My question is does the dozer valve release fuel constantly? I do not think it was doing a regen when I started driving it as I thought the lights on my dash would show me that.
replyreply
RE: After treatment dozer valve operation
(01-08-2017 )RSCTRANS Wrote:  Here is my question and then an explanation of the scenario. When does the dozer valve release fuel into the exhaust system? I know it operates during a regen . However, after I serviced the dozer valve, I had forgotten to tighten up the two boats mounting the valve to the pipe. They were not super loose but loose enough that when I started driving the truck with an empty trailer, fuel was leaking onto the outside of the exhaust pipes causing white smoke. I quickly realized that I had forgotten to tighten up the bolts, and when I did the problem went away. My question is does the dozer valve release fuel constantly? I do not think it was doing a regen when I started driving it as I thought the lights on my dash would show me that.

The doser does not release fuel constantly, and if it doe's you likely have a bad doser.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
That's what I thought. Going to replace it tomorrow. Thanks for your response as it only confirms what my thoughts were.
replyreply
01-09-2017, (Subject: After treatment dozer valve operation ) 
You have mention two bolts holding injector so I assume you have 2250.
Use the insite test for fuel doser. There is two valves for aftertreatment fuel. Aftertreatment fuel shutoff manifold and doser valve itself.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.