gauge and panel lights in-op
01-13-2017, (Subject: gauge and panel lights in-op ) 
gauge and panel lights in-op
T660 Panel lights not illuminating i checked fuses, opened dash up and at wits end i did a web search. Rawzes advise to previous head light post solved this issue. Also i found a short cut, instead of disconnecting all battery cables, removing three CSCU fuses (two 25 amp and one 5 amp) for 5 minutes or so fixed it! Not sure why this problem happened ?
Thank you this site saved me a trip to the stealership!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Hedley
RE: gauge and panel lights in-op
(01-13-2017 )Shipit Wrote:  T660 Panel lights not illuminating i checked fuses, opened dash up and at wits end i did a web search. Rawzes advise to previous head light post solved this issue. Also i found a short cut, instead of disconnecting all battery cables, removing three CSCU fuses (two 25 amp and one 5 amp) for 5 minutes or so fixed it! Not sure why this problem happened ?
Thank you this site saved me a trip to the stealership!

I've gotten that occasionally in two different PB's. Always after starting the engine. It was always corrected by cycling the key off and back on again (when stopped). Something in the cab controller/ecm. Maybe yours is related to that somehow.
replyreply
I see this alot in the newer paccar trucks. It mostly when the batteries get low and during start up it serges the cab control and faults out...Crazy but its what i have seen for my self.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
01-14-2017, (Subject: gauge and panel lights in-op ) 
Makes since low voltage or spikes durring cranking, I have been shutting off and restarting the truck many times durring the day due to the type of work i do with 30 to 40 percent idle time, i was told not to idle the truck to keep from having problems with the mandated system so i guess this will happen again. thanks
replyreply
01-14-2017, (Subject: gauge and panel lights in-op ) 
ProStar has similar issues... Unfortunately, disconnecting the main battery cable is the only fix... The issue is the loss of the low air alarm. It happens to me every winter.
replyreply
01-20-2017, (Subject: gauge and panel lights in-op ) 
I also have a T660. You must let the engine ECM do it's checks when turning the key on before starting the motor. Wait until the seatbelt light goes out to start the engine. If you turn the key on and directly start it, the panel lights will not illuminate. After I first bought my T660, I had the same issue but soon found out that you must let the ECM do the checks before starting the motor.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , fargonaz , hhow55

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.