Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts?
01-17-2017, (Subject: Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts? ) 
RE: Parking lot injector replacement
Gatow900, I have nails for tying blocking together, thank you for the tip!

un_yun, I know I have two leaky injectors from prior. The plan was to change them all and to change my v/g seals at my usual Christmas shutdown. 2016 was down 38%, so when I was offered a good load that I had to leave on the 27th, I took it. This load came in just before I delivered that one and the truck was still running fine, so I continued on as normal...ta dah! I'll use my infared heat gun to confirm, but it's probably one of those two.
Yes, I carry a couple 3/4" ratchets with me. One for building my trailer, and the other a torque wrench for wheel lug nuts.

Rawze, that's exactly what I was thinking of for a torque wrench. It would be a good one to pack on the road. Any suggestions of stores I may find one at? I'm not sure where I'm gonna do this yet to order and have amazon deliver.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
01-17-2017, (Subject: Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts? ) 
You should be able to find most if not everything you need at autozone or advance auto you may even be able to do the loan a tool deal. They are normally useless for truck parts but the hand tools are decent and cheap.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
01-18-2017, (Subject: Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts? ) 
(01-17-2017 )gatow900 Wrote:  I use a nail to pull my injectors and for the oil in the bolt holes I just screw the bolt by it self in to squeeze out the oil
gatow900, just to clarify, I assume you bend the nail at a 90* near the tip and insert it into the removing dowel hole and pull/lift to extract the injector from the bore.
Is that correct?

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
It took all day to get unloaded and stacked up yesterday. Since it's supposed to rain in the area tomorrow and I still have to finish getting everything together, I am going to go out to Vegas to perform this parking lot procedure. I'm also more familiar with where everything is there.
If anybody else is going to be around Vegas Thurs/Fri let me know, I'll be the guy with his hood open and parts scattered all over his trailer!

replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
(01-18-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  It took all day to get unloaded and stacked up yesterday. Since it's supposed to rain in the area tomorrow and I still have to finish getting everything together, I am going to go out to Vegas to perform this parking lot procedure. I'm also more familiar with where everything is there.
If anybody else is going to be around Vegas Thurs/Fri let me know, I'll be the guy with his hood open and parts scattered all over his trailer!
Big chance I will be in Vegas but not 100% yet.
I will bring you a torque wrench for injector set
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
(01-18-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  Big chance I will be in Vegas but not 100% yet.

You would be a rock star in my mind if you did!
I can't find a beam style here to save my life.

replyreply
(01-18-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(01-18-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  Big chance I will be in Vegas but not 100% yet.

You would be a rock star in my mind if you did!
I can't find a beam style here to save my life.
Hopefully broker will accept my offer. So let's wait 6 am tomorrow.
replyreply
Just a thought I had a big cam 400 I thought the injectors or a pump let loose in that a quart of a.t.f. fixed, I know two different engines two diffrent injectors. Also my previous truck had an isx I used lucas fuel system treatment in it. That would clear it up most of the time when it decided to be a tempramental ###ch it's worth a try. Honestly $23 beats the hell out of a bill from the local hooker if it works.
replyreply
01-19-2017, (Subject: Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts? ) 
(01-18-2017 )Johnboy Wrote:  Just a thought I had a big cam 400 I thought the injectors or a pump let loose in that a quart of a.t.f. fixed, I know two different engines two diffrent injectors. Also my previous truck had an isx I used lucas fuel system treatment in it. That would clear it up most of the time when it decided to be a tempramental ###ch it's worth a try. Honestly $23 beats the hell out of a bill from the local hooker if it works.

I guess he never read this...

Rawze's thoughts on Fuel Additives...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: overshot

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.