2014 isx vibration
05-14-2016, (Subject: 2014 isx vibration ) 
RE: 2014 isx vibration
https://youtu.be/3j_NLg1y1UI

So.... it was smooth till I pulled a loaded trailer. The vibration I'm feeling sounds like the noise on the video.

It's coming from the power divider again.

I'm realize it's proly not good to have tires Jacked up running it in gear. Lol

This noise is not normal right?
replyreply
05-15-2016, (Subject: 2014 isx vibration ) 
So I had a 2004 international 9400 sitting at home, Jacked it up and it made same noise.

I know it's hard diagnosing problems not seeing things in person .
The vibration is only noticeable in gear pulling hard. It's more of a buzz vibration than a shake.

Lately the steering wheel shakes alot and if u turn the wheel when it's idleing it will bounce a soda bottle out of the cup holder.

I opened the hood, there is 2 power steering lines that go to what I'm assuming is a pump. When I put my haND on the back of it u can feel a vibration but I don't know if it's noreal. It's not bad but almost has the same feeling plus the motor sounds loud (hammering) but the noise is coming from the power steering pump area. At least it sounds like it anyways. Not from the top of the motor or the back but more from the front Driver side bottom area side of block.

What made me think of the power steering is when I got truck there was a used steering box in bunk compartment. I thought well maybe something went through it and destroyed it. I have no clue though if steering box that was in bunk is bad or not. It moves back and forth and feels tight. I still have it. I just thought it's kinda weird.
replyreply
05-15-2016, (Subject: 2014 isx vibration ) 
Possible that your compressor is worn out and the rod is hammering?
replyreply
05-16-2016, (Subject: 2014 isx vibration ) 
Like Nilao stated, that hammering sound is more than likely your air compressor. If that is the source, it is likely loaded with soot and is in need of a good cleaning and a rebuild kit. The kit consists of a new compressor head and some gaskets. It is usually not necessary to replace the entire compressor, just the head and a good cleaning of the lines if they are sooted up. That is what we did to mine, it quieted right down, and it was pretty loud.
replyreply
05-22-2016, (Subject: 2014 isx vibration ) 
Why don't you disconnect the air line from the compressor, that goes to the dryer, and see if this doe's the trick, while the engine is running.
Also, if it's the power steering unit. When was the last time the filter was changed?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.