2014 isx vibration
03-27-2016, (Subject: 2014 isx vibration ) 
RE: 2014 isx vibration
ok..........so the chatter under a load is completly gone. the clutch is nice and smooth now and there is almost no vibration from trans.

but when you pull under a load the motor sounds like crap and the truck shakes, u can fell it in the steering wheel and the dash, as soon as u back off throttle it goes away and it only does it when im loaded. or atleast does it really bad. im bad at sound effects but the motor makes the same sound as a tire with a flat spot going down the road, but when u let up on throttle it goes away.

its almost as if the motor is being restricted, like when a motor starves for fuel. ive talked to someone who owns a 2011 cummins and he says hes motor does same thing and its a cummins thing.

there is no way in hell its normal lol

so motor has 435k miles ish and i watched all the videos on this site and while i was out there today i pulled the map sensor just to see because it was easy to get to and its one bolt and the sensor had carbon build up, i would say over half the sensor is closed up with carbon.

no one is open today that sells carb cleaner so i will have to wait till tomm.

also i had to add half a gallon of water to rad, first time i had to in last 12k miles of owning truck.
replyreply
03-27-2016, (Subject: 2014 isx vibration ) 
Replace the sensor. The pressure part of it is up in the head, and liquid cleaners will usually make it read incorrectly, costing you fuel mileage. it is also a sign that the Delta-P sensor and passages are clogged up too.

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...87#pid1087

and ...

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...40#pid1340

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
03-28-2016, (Subject: 2014 isx vibration ) 
i still bet im gonna win the internet diagnosing game with too low a final crank angle due to some sort of overfueling. what you are describing is exactly what it is. honestly just let me beck the timing off 3 degrees and go try it - i bet it works great after that.

you will still have to find the issue but that will prove my point.
replyreply
(03-28-2016 )Unilevers Wrote:  i still bet im gonna win the internet diagnosing game with too low a final crank angle due to some sort of overfueling. what you are describing is exactly what it is. honestly just let me beck the timing off 3 degrees and go try it - i bet it works great after that.

you will still have to find the issue but that will prove my point.

i just left peterbilt, a guy thats been there over 20 years drove it and said its normal, the way newer trucks are now days and the gearing its underpowered so under a load it works harder hince the vibration lol suggested the dpf is getting plugged maybe.

so im out of options

so ok, how do you do it? through a computer or manually? ill try it
replyreply
never add water, always coolant, water tends to pit a cummins sleeve.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
03-29-2016, (Subject: 2014 isx vibration ) 
(03-28-2016 )race7820000 Wrote:  i just left peterbilt, a guy thats been there over 20 years drove it and said its normal, the way newer trucks are now days and the gearing its underpowered so under a load it works harder hince the vibration lol suggested the dpf is getting plugged maybe.

NO IT IS NOT A NORMAL FUNCTION OF AN ENGINE TO HAVE EXCESS VIBRATION AND SLOWLY HAMMER OUT AND DESTROY THE CRANK BEARINGS! -- I DON'T CARE HOW MANY YEARS EXPERIENCE THEY CLAIM TO HAVE THERE!.

I am with unilevers on this one, I have seen it too many times myself too. Excess boost = excess vibration on the crank (too low of final crank angle), or over-fueling also = too low final Crank Angle leading to excess vibration. Get a pyro and boost gauge on that thing asap!,.. Make sure the numbers are right,.. and then roll the injection mapping offset about 3 degrees, and it will likely run like a champ if that is what it is. I am with Unilevers on this one, it has to be boost or over-fueling/injection mapping problems. .. Either way, too low final crank angle, whatever might be causing it, especially after you have had all the stuff done to it. It keeps leaning back towards this, and the stealers have no clue how to correct it, or check for it. They are kept in the dark by the engine maker and are very under-trained,.. 20=years experience or not. Most of them don't even know what CA even is, nonetheless how it is controlled.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I stopped by cummins this morning and they said they can't mess with programing or timing cause it will mess with emmisions. ..says the newer motors have a typical fuel knock..I'm over hearing that cause it doesn't sound right! I want to try what you guys are suggesting but how?
replyreply
(03-29-2016 )race7820000 Wrote:  I stopped by cummins this morning and they said they can't mess with programing or timing cause it will mess with emmisions. ..says the newer motors have a typical fuel knock..I'm over hearing that cause it doesn't sound right! I want to try what you guys are suggesting but how?

actually, it will not make it fail emissions but it will void any warranties.

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...627#pid627

replyreply
(03-29-2016 )race7820000 Wrote:  I stopped by cummins this morning and they said they can't mess with programing or timing cause it will mess with emmisions. ..says the newer motors have a typical fuel knock..I'm over hearing that cause it doesn't sound right! I want to try what you guys are suggesting but how?

take it to unilevers or gearhead or Mr. Hag to get it checked out properly

best thing i ever did
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.