2014 isx vibration
04-01-2016, (Subject: 2014 isx vibration ) 
RE: 2014 isx vibration
I Jacked the truck up the other day and the power divider yoke had a little play in the bearing but I mean just a little. Other than that everything looks good
replyreply
(04-01-2016 )race7820000 Wrote:  I Jacked the truck up the other day and the power divider yoke had a little play in the bearing but I mean just a little. Other than that everything looks good
BINGO here as well. I have little play on power divider too. What is confusing me vibration starts at really low speed and vibration is BZZZZZZZ type. Drive line does only few RPM at this speed. Probably we have two or more vibration sources.
replyreply
When I put truck in nutrual going 70 mph it goes away, even if I Rev Motor in nutrual to 1500rpm. I know there is not a load against it but still.

I have shut the truck off in nutrual going 70mph, and it's smooth , I've never tried shutting it off in gear yet though.

You would think it would be obvious but no., I do have brand new virgins on it but there China so it has a bounce to it.

Maybe I should just get it over with and make a trip to Georgia lol
replyreply
remove an axle shaft from each of your differentials, you will then be able to run the drivetrain and go through all your gears with the truck standing still, if the problem is within your driveshaft, transmission, power divider or rear drive axle then you should find it in short order, if not you just need 2 40 cent axle gaskets to put it back together.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
(04-01-2016 )race7820000 Wrote:  When I put truck in nutrual going 70 mph it goes away, even if I Rev Motor in nutrual to 1500rpm. I know there is not a load against it but still.

I have shut the truck off in nutrual going 70mph, and it's smooth , I've never tried shutting it off in gear yet though.

You would think it would be obvious but no., I do have brand new virgins on it but there China so it has a bounce to it.

Maybe I should just get it over with and make a trip to Georgia lol
This is the point where we split. I didn't check it with engine shut. Tomorrow I'll check.
replyreply
(04-01-2016 )Hedley Wrote:  remove an axle shaft from each of your differentials, you will then be able to run the drivetrain and go through all your gears with the truck standing still, if the problem is within your driveshaft, transmission, power divider or rear drive axle then you should find it in short order, if not you just need 2 40 cent axle gaskets to put it back together.

Just be careful with that at high speeds. I have seen people blow out their spider gears/power divider like that before because a single axle out spinning will be of very high rpm on them at speed.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
04-02-2016, (Subject: 2014 isx vibration ) 
yea, in all probability that is where the issue lies, he mentions a thumping sound like a flat spotted tire so he is probably missing a tooth on one of his transmission gears or possibly on one of the ring gears on his drive axles, the sound would be prominent during gear backlash.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
(04-01-2016 )race7820000 Wrote:  I Jacked the truck up the other day and the power divider yoke had a little play in the bearing but I mean just a little. Other than that everything looks good

I had some play in the forward differential yoke after losing the carrier bearing, for the second time. Behind that Yoke is a one time use crush nut. Seems the old one was being reused. I bought a new one at FleetPride for $25 and had my local shop install it as it is supposed to be torqued down to so many hundred foot pounds. They had the wrench. Took him a few minutes and problem solved, that little bit of play went away in the yoke. No more vibration and carrier bearing is fine.
replyreply
(04-02-2016 )Hedley Wrote:  yea, in all probability that is where the issue lies, he mentions a thumping sound like a flat spotted tire so he is probably missing a tooth on one of his transmission gears or possibly on one of the ring gears on his drive axles, the sound would be prominent during gear backlash.

When I had the transmission put to change the clutch I did have some gears in trans that had teeth missing, cost 1800 to rebuild put a easy pedal in...don't beat the dash anymore under load but vibration is still there and noise. I told the mechanic I can almost feel the sound evertime it rotates. It's consistent tap tap tap through the dash shifter etc, it's light but I can feel it. Kenworth,peterbilt all say it's in my head....
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.