2014 isx vibration
04-02-2016, (Subject: 2014 isx vibration ) 
RE: 2014 isx vibration
How I would describe it is take a cordless impact put the setting on lowest setting and hold the end with your hand and let the slip clutch go off, that's what the vibration feels like, but under a load the front like the motor sounds likes it's fluttering ,like it's in motor.

I know vibration travels... my guess is since my pilot bearing went out it cause the input shaft bearing to go out which caused all the crap to go wrong in trans....so I'm sure the vibration went back to rearend. Hard to say though
replyreply
(04-02-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(04-01-2016 )race7820000 Wrote:  I Jacked the truck up the other day and the power divider yoke had a little play in the bearing but I mean just a little. Other than that everything looks good

I had some play in the forward differential yoke after losing the carrier bearing, for the second time. Behind that Yoke is a one time use crush nut. Seems the old one was being reused. I bought a new one at FleetPride for $25 and had my local shop install it as it is supposed to be torqued down to so many hundred foot pounds. They had the wrench. Took him a few minutes and problem solved, that little bit of play went away in the yoke. No more vibration and carrier bearing is fine.

I know nothing about big trucks, but would the crush nut your talking about be the same thing as a crush sleeve on a Ford 9 inch?
replyreply
(04-02-2016 )race7820000 Wrote:  
(04-02-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(04-01-2016 )race7820000 Wrote:  I Jacked the truck up the other day and the power divider yoke had a little play in the bearing but I mean just a little. Other than that everything looks good

I had some play in the forward differential yoke after losing the carrier bearing, for the second time. Behind that Yoke is a one time use crush nut. Seems the old one was being reused. I bought a new one at FleetPride for $25 and had my local shop install it as it is supposed to be torqued down to so many hundred foot pounds. They had the wrench. Took him a few minutes and problem solved, that little bit of play went away in the yoke. No more vibration and carrier bearing is fine.

I know nothing about big trucks, but would the crush nut your talking about be the same thing as a crush sleeve on a Ford 9 inch?

Boy, I don't know. On your front diff, remove the yoke, and there will be a large nut that slips over the input shaft, which keeps the bearings tight and the shaft from wiggling around that the yoke slips over. I was having a problem with vibrations and losing the carrier bearing. I was having the truck serviced at the local TA and the mechanic there discovered my new carrier bearing was toast due the wobbly yoke and worn crush nut not doing its job of securing the bearing. He did not have the crush nut on hand, so I had him install the new carrier and the following day I went and had that nut replaced. That was well over a year ago and I have not had any issues since.

The nut itself is large enough to slip over the shaft, and it is about 3/8 to 1/4 inch thick maybe give or take. It sure didn't look like much, not $25 much.
replyreply
give post# 58 a try, you can have someone behind the wheel while you stand right next to your differential and hear the internal noises up close and personal. you will also see any vibration on your drive shafts, the reason that you hear the noise in front of you is because your shifter transmits any drivetrain noises, at worse you are out a couple of axle gaskets.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
I just reposted Rawze post because i seen him down at a friends shop and they just did the adjustments that are explained below and stopped the hammering by 99% to 100% depending on the EXCESS BOOST . Just wanted to pass this along again as this was a sucess for me. Thanks again guys for all your help to me and others!!!
replyreply
Went and got some axle gaskets, going to take them out in a CPL hours and try it, was told to take out all 4 so I don't burn up the power divider. Anyways I'll post what happens
replyreply
04-03-2016, (Subject: 2014 isx vibration ) 
(04-02-2016 )race7820000 Wrote:  Went and got some axle gaskets, going to take them out in a CPL hours and try it, was told to take out all 4 so I don't burn up the power divider. Anyways I'll post what happens

Take the time to re-torque all your hub bearings while your at it. Most trucks it should be done every 250k miles or so.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I would definitely let Unilevers plug into that truck,if if there's anything caused electronically causing this he'll sort it out
replyreply
Ok so pulled all axles and the front rear end made a knocking noise until u revEd it up and after u reved it up it vibrated instead of knocked. Sounds like it's coming from the power divider . I tried to upload a video but it says file was to big
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.