The excess cam wear mystery revealed.
10-27-2017, (Subject: The excess cam wear mystery revealed. ) 
RE: The excess cam wear mystery revealed.
(10-26-2017 )sirrepairsalot Wrote:  I got an engine waiting outside the shop for this service of broken/worn rollers and cams... I just did the overhead set awhile ago too, checked for loose components didn't find none. Guess it was too late for reversal... It's worn right out this engine, but the company dont want to spend the money to repair it properly.. Hard to tell em it's their fault cause they are cheap... Diesel flush with an overhead set would work wonders too I'd imagine.

Thats sad.

In the video series I made back in april-2016 for my engine rebuild, I only replaced the back 3 injectors. The engine had 950,000 miles on it. Cams looked great.

I just replaced the other 3 this week (the front 3), and gave a really good inspection of the top end, cams now have 1.16 million miles on them. BOTH the overhead cams are still looking good and there is no signs of needing replacing yet, but I did notice that the polishing on the cam lobes has completely changed. I would suspect that this is because of the new head. Other than that, It all still looks good.

-- Sorry, but I am a believer in doing what actually works instead of taking the advice from people who have repeating failures.

People who have repeating failures tend to do one or more of these things ...

* Do extended oil changes and/or use synthetic oils.

* and/or don't change their oil often enough, then soot takes its toll.

* and/or Use all sorts of hokey fuel or oil additives.

* and/or Turn their power up above 500 HP mostly because they don't want to be the last guy up the hill, or they are too damn lazy to shift gears when necessary.

* and/or Don't keep their engine and emissions systems in good health, yet most who neglect the hell out of their engines will go out of their way to polish the hell out of that chrome on the outside of their truck. How ironic is that eh?

* and/or Drive fast and run their engine hard, yet only complain about it when something breaks. They tend to also not have any money to fix anything major because they drove it like a madman fool, wasting all their profits on bad driving habits.

* and/or have this mentality of trying desperately save 10 cents here and there by extending their oil change intervals, nickeling the hell out of everything they can all while it costs them 2-3x more money while everything on the truck falls apart. There are a ton of guys who fall into this category. I see their beat up equipment all over the roads these days. -> I see re-caps on the drives, shocks rusted out and bad, cracked fenders, worn to the bone steer tires, engine oil smells like the inside of a fireplace it has so mush soot buildup, neglected air, power steering, and water filters, after-market crap hanging off the side of the engine, exposed wiring from that failed lighting experiment or that roadside repair that never got fixed properly, rusted out mud flap holders, cab mounts and other bushings beat to snot, and the shifter so loose from abuse that it feels like someone used it in a row-boat contest. I could keep going. lol

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , simon999 , Volvo8873 , Rig Wrench , kalsandhu , Junjun88 , PuroCumminsPower , gatow900 , Rockhwy , scottydogtruck , Sergiu , JMBT , SergeyB , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: The excess cam wear mystery revealed. - Rawze - 10-27-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.