Throttle Position Sensor Problems - Solving them.
08-12-2018, (Subject: Throttle Position Sensor Problems - Solving them. ) 
RE: Throttle Position Sensor Problems - Solving them.
Im currently chasing a TPS sensor rapidly and very intermittently losing an unknown and non steady amount of counts on my cm870 International 9400i with no check engine lights and no codes recorded. It causes a very slight but somtimes very noticeable stutter when accelerating or maintaining speed while rolling down the road especially when it's cool after 1st start up of the day. I've so far replaced one whole full throttle pedal assembly (it was pretty whooped with 1.2mil miles), cleaned and checked all connectors under the hood, yanked, twisted, shook, bounced and waltzed with every harness I can get my hands on. I've ohmed and tested the circuits according to Insite troubleshooting trees and still its occuring only when the truck sits turned off for longer than 8hrs or cools down completely and then it clears up ALMOST completely but not always completely about 30 minutes in to pulling down the road. After it warms up or has taken some bumps. I've only caught it by monitoring TPS voltage and position with Insite while going down the road.

I currently have an ECM ordered so I'll see in about a week if this'll get it cured. The ECM on the truck is original and is 13 years old so it's about time to hang a new one any way. I'll update when I finally get this squared away.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Throttle Position Sensor Problems - Solving them. - Chamberpains - 08-12-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.