Throttle Position Sensor Problems - Solving them.
08-13-2018, (Subject: Throttle Position Sensor Problems - Solving them. ) 
RE: Throttle Position Sensor Problems - Solving them.
(08-13-2018 )Kid Rock Wrote:  Just a thought here; but recently when researching a way to fix the abs issue I’ve had, I read an article they may have some merit to it.

It said the voltage in the abs system is so low that if one were to make a splice or wire repair in its circuit, that a crimp/butt connector would cause to much of a voltage drop and cause low voltage problems eventually; and that all wire repair on abs circuits must be soldered! ... which makes a lot of since on mine, I’ve spliced into one of my abs harness’ about a year ago in response to a low voltage / short to ground code. I spliced in a few butt connectors where i was suspicious of wire condition. Here we are a year later getting the same code, after checking wheel end play,and new sensor. So I’ll be pulling the harness and learning to solder

You got me thinking... I did just repair some rubbed wires on the back of the engine and with the monitoring of the voltage i know I'm working with a circuit that is operating at .45 volts with the peddle released and builds to 3.66 volts all the way to the floor. So what you say makes sense. Looks like I'll be also pulling the dog box to see which wires I repaired. Hopefully it is the problem and all I have to do is replace a wire.

Rawze you're spot on with my thinking. The ECM I got off ebay doesn't require core except for warranty to be valid. So I have no problem keeping the old one.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Kid Rock

Messages In This Thread
RE: Throttle Position Sensor Problems - Solving them. - Chamberpains - 08-13-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.