Correcting a Demandated cm870. Need help, Please.
01-20-2018, (Subject: Correcting a Demandated cm870. Need help, Please. ) 
RE: Correcting a Demandated cm870. Need help, Please.
I figured I'd just tell you what I've ran in to so far so you can guide people for help accordingly. That's what I believe your intentions for this site have been. I have ABSOLUTELY NO need to gossip.

I have no problem with Unilevers not responding. I figured he's just a busy guy. And thank you for the heads up on Mommaburt. He's already reached out to me on his own. I'm gonna contact him today and hopefully right all the wrong sh1t I've blindly done. I'll keep an update.

I get the legal ramifications so I understand what I'm asking someone to help me with. Thanks to the guys willing to help. It's completely my risk to run this way. Almost 5 years at this point hiding the obvious from DOT and doing business with everyone except where the US ends including the north south border and also not going over the western border (surprisingly the US ends at the AZ, NV, OR state lines)

Now this Chris guy. I've been stuck dealing with him since I've called their shop 2 weeks ago. When I called down there, I spoke with a nice woman that says they can help and she then tells me I'm going to get a call back from a cell #. I didn't get a call back from anyone till late the next day. Which was weird to me for a business, but hey, it may be an overly busy shop or guy.

Chris and I spoke, he said he'd do what I needed done and that we'll do it Saturday at the shop. In our conversation I mentioned that I was recommended from Rawze.com. He quickly mumbled something like "Ya, well he's..." then mumbled the rest. I took it as he didn't like someone or something on this site but that's none of my concern. So I pressed on. Friday night rolled around and Chris texted me around 6 to cancel getting together the next day cause he has personal things happening. Family matters, so I agreed and told him I'd contact him Monday.
I texted him Monday just to call me so we can reschedule when he gets a chance. No response. I did the same Tuesday. No response. I figured my phone was messing up sending texts to him. I called him Wednesday morning and he called right back at 10 am said he was on his way to work and snow had him screwed up. He said he would call me back as soon as he got there so I could give him some info on my truck/engine to get things started. I again never received a phone call. Thursday rolls around I call and leave him a detailed message of what I need done and for him to call back to reschedule. No response. Friday morning I called again (at this point I really despise being a burden if it's not wanted so to me constantly nagging at someone with no response is screaming at me to just stop, they don't want to deal with me) He answered the phone and said he was having car trouble. Someone serviced his wife's car and left the oil plug loose and all the oil drained out but it appeared the car was still able to run. He said he's busy dealing with that and he'd call me back when he got to the shop. This screamed to me to be bullsh1t again.

#1 What self respecting well educated tech. would take a car to a shop to change the oil in the wife's car (unless brand new or warranty, I get that) #2 take it to a shop that would leave a drain plug loose and fall out the next day (Alright, even the best shops have sh1t happen, Okay...) #3 would be panicked like it was going to ruin the whole day for them if it did happen. You just call the shop that did the work, tow the car somewhere to deal with it later and move on with your day. It's a car not a tractor trailer. In his field he deals with helping and repairing units 10 times bigger than a car with 10 times the size of the problem of a car with an oil plug that fell out...

He never called me back... that's when I posted on here hoping for any kind of new avenue to go down.

Again I'm assuming because this guy is a shop foreman (according to their website) that he would be able to handle his personal life and most of his responsibilities as a shop foreman during work hours.

Now with all that said I have a pretty good idea of what kind of guy he is. Just because I worked in, with and around all kinds mechanics for years when I was strictly a diesel tech. I understand and know exactly who and what kind of people the diesel repair industry attracts. I will be moving away from dealing with him and probably that shop.

Now I'm assuming this Gearhead guy is probably the other tech they list on their site. If it isn't, I apologize, i'm only guessing. I've tried to PM Gearhead on here but your site says it's not a valid name. Without knowing anything else there is no way to contact Gearhead directly. I willing to bet he's 1 of those great techs that knows his sh1t and just happens to live in an area that is known to treat good techs like toilet paper. I live around Carlisle, PA and it's a huge trucking hub in the U.S. and it's shops are polluted and good techs just get buried in the mess. This has always been a huge complaint of mine. I firmly believe in training your techs to the best of their ability, paying them accordingly, treat them as an asset not an expense, hold them accountable for their mistakes and take time to teach them how to recover from and stop further similar mistakes from happening.

I've had a few guys PM saying they're running in to the same problem as me. Unilevers doesn't answer(again, nothing bad is meant by this) and the Price shop and probably specifically chris isn't returning their calls or messages.

I just saw 1 guys post on here with a Mack ecm that was debating on sending his ecm from canada to their shop. I'd like to tell him about what I've dealt with. Because I'd hate to see that guy take the huge risk of mailing the ecm internationally only to find out it lands in a currently cluster fuct of a shop. I completely understand how nerve racking sending the brain of your truck to someone is. That's where my headaches all started 4 years ago. I sent my ecm to 1 of those Ebay guys (M with some #'s after Performance) Big mistake for me but it was 2013 and not a lot of people where recommending good places to stop the soot machine on my engine from running wild.

I did not write all this to bash or be a dick to anyone. It's just an account of what I've ran into.

The End...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ian2021
Here is Gearhed's user page. He is a member here... --> http://rawze.com/forums/member.php?actio...ile&uid=96

As far as an employee at ANY SHOP! ...

I think it is a shame when you have a really good shop... and a shitty employee that would talk bad about the very people and places sending you your customers. And for any kind of shop or manager, etc. to string people along with LAME BULLS4IT EXCUSES (because that is what they are), and not caring about customers or support is flat wrong indeed.

Just think if you have someone with excuses all the time do something for you, then you need further support after the work was done. -- Having issues with a very unprofessional attitude of "constant personal problems/excuses" when getting something done in the first place sends a BIG RED FLAG!!! to me. What about AFTER the work is done and you needed support or a correction to some mistake or problem?. -- I don't know about others but my trucking business does not and cannot rely on ANYONE that hints at "When I get time because I don't feel like it today".

Most of the time when a person has "Lame-arsse personal excuses" and likes to string someone along, it is a direct reflection that something shady might be going on. Perhaps behind the shops back?. - Just a thought.

Sorry, but I am partial to NO ONE! when it comes to being professional in what you do. - Either you do good quality work or you don't. Either you can help others legitimately, or you can't. Either you can be up front and tell others the truth -- or you can't.

I DO NOT AND WILL NOT promote or assist in ANY WAY --- "shady" or "lame-arsse excuses" from anyone, I don't care how good or busy they claim to be. - Either you ARE TOO BUSY AND CAN'T HANDLE THE WORK, providing someone with an alternate solution or place to go -- OR YOU GET OFF YOUR ARSSE AND DO SOME GOOD, NOT TALKING BAD ABOUT THE VERY HANDS AND PEOPLE THAT HELP TO FEED YOU and your business!.

(Figuratively speaking) - If I heard or saw that from someone in a shop I owned or was managing AND IT WAS CONFIRMED TO BE LEGITIMATE and not just gossip,.. THAT WARM SENSATION IN THE SEAT OF THEIR PANTS WOULD BE MY BOOT UP THEIR ARSSE!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
Hmmm, It's gearhead not Gearhead. When you PM someone on here are their names case sensitive? Maybe the reason it says not a valid User?? I see he hasn't been logged in on here since Oct. 2017...
I just spoke with MommaBurt. We've got the ball rolling again. Thank you so much. I of course hope this one turns in to a resolution. Thank you all for the help. It sux being this lost but it is great feeling to see true help. If I can repay it I will.
replyreply
If I don’t reply to you please don’t take it personal. I am extremely busy these days.

Right now I am
-building and outfitting a new shop
- designing and building a new house
- renovating my other property
- dealing with my 35 dealer locations across North America
-being a father to my 2 kids (8months and 4years)
-being a husband to my wife
-running 3 businesses
- trying to help people out
- trying to maintain my sanity

So if I don’t reply, don’t take it personal. Some of the reasons I don’t reply to you are

- I’m too busy
- I won’t promise anybody anything I can’t deliver
- I’m very selective about who I call/tune
- I get a bad sense about your txt/pm
- or I’m away and just don’t see it.
-or it’s the middle of the night and I legit don’t want too.

People don’t realize I get 3-5 pms per day asking about anything and everything. I now have Mommaburt working full time with me trying to help me catch up. He’s been my apprentice for almost 2 years and he’s coming along well and is smart and knows his stuff and how I/we do things. He’s going to be looking over my messages aswell so don’t be surprised if you hear from him. And don’t be surprised if you don’t and you pm me/him as again we are very selective about who we deal with.

Thanks fir reading my wall of txt
replyreply
 Thanks given by: iceman , tsolson , Roysbigtoys , redbeard , snailexpress , hhow55 , scottydogtruck , Starlight , Rawze , stevesparts , Chamberpains , Ragindirt , DLC , rgreen , Rounded_nut
Thx Uni. You for the most part wrote for me as well. I get very few calls from the forum but i am the same way with locals. Getting up to 8 voice mails a day and responding to 2 is nothing uncommon. But some people are so determined to have me do their work they wait up to 3 weeks. Im doing a overhaul now for a guy that waited since the 22 of Dec. I spent 30 min with him trying to convince him to find someone else but he said no, i will wait for you. I told my wife ill have to start doing crappy work then ill only get each customer once like most other shops around here. I look at it this way, Rather than hurrying to help 4 guys and be forced to worry afterwards if i missed something or not i will help one and know its done right. Very honestly i believe thats the better route but guys will be upset over it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Rawze , Running rough , Wiseman
01-21-2018, (Subject: Correcting a Demandated cm870. Need help, Please. ) 
MommaBurt hopefully has resolved my problem. Thank you, I really appreciate it. Especially on the weekend. I'll update how things are later in the week.

Thanks Rawze, MommaBurt and Unilevers. I understand everyone is really busy. Getting this resolved just lead me down a lot of paths of really busy guys that never called back or never responded. And that left me with the problem at hand and doing nothing about it till someone responded. I believe doing nothing gets nothing done. Even getting a "i'm too busy to help" or "F*ck off" or "give me a couple days" would have allowed me to move on or plan what my next step is. Instead of doing nothing waiting for a response. This chris guy screwed himself and the business he works for by simply leaving a paying customer with no response.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
02-16-2018, (Subject: Correcting a Demandated cm870. Need help, Please. ) 
It's unfortunate but tuners sure seem to be a flaky bunch. If you say your going to do it do it. If your to busy say so. Absolutely nothing worse than getting dicked around.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Chamberpains

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.