Cm2250
02-19-2017, (Subject: Cm2250 ) 
RE: Cm2250
if your going to de-mandate it then you should contact forum members Mr. Hag, Vin, Unilevers, or Gearhead. All of these guys do top notch tuning that does not have to be questioned later.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Squish099 , Magard
(02-19-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  if your going to de-mandate it then you should contact forum members Mr. Hag, Vin, Unilevers, or Gearhead. All of these guys do top notch tuning that does not have to be questioned later.
It's under serious consideration.. Trying to get my lists of pros and cons together.. Do I have to have insite or just an inline adapter to do it remotely? I'm looking @ both and pricing stuff.. So far the local kw dealer has cheapest I've found @ 845 for the inline 6 kit and 675 for insite pro..
replyreply
(02-19-2017 )Magard Wrote:  "Next I need to pull the dpf and see what it looks like.. Gonna start looking @ a custom tune."
I would forget the first part of that and move straight to step 2. Tune time. If your in it for the long haul and not planning on trading the truck off soon. I wouldn't throw good money after bad at it.
Definatly in for the long haul, would never have bought a truck otherwise. Trying to get everything right as I can before removing the mandate. I know now that previous owner only changed fluids apparently nothing more.. Wondering what cost is for tune and removal.. Also looking @ apu but not sure which one to go for...
replyreply
If your on the east coast take it to one of those guys. Your motor looks pretty neglected. I would want them tunning it and giving it a good look over. You better be pretty handy and be able to tell if a engine sounds right even if you never heard a right one before to do it remotely. All the knowledge on this site in one shop that way. That's good money spent.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Squish099
My recommendation is to take it to one of them instead. Nothing beats having it done professionally and tested thoroughly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Squish099 , Waterloo , mikealike
(02-19-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  My recommendation is to take it to one of them instead. Nothing beats having it done professionally and tested thoroughly.
Any idea what the cost is, had a shop in Effingham quote 2800 for removal. But when they had a truck in their bay switching out a bad vgt for a nonvgt was kinda as far as I went there..
replyreply
02-20-2017, (Subject: Cm2250 ) 
(02-19-2017 )Squish099 Wrote:  Any idea what the cost is, had a shop in Effingham quote 2800 for removal. But when they had a truck in their bay switching out a bad vgt for a nonvgt was kinda as far as I went there..

Price range (give or take ) is fairly typ of a 2250 if you take it to one of the places rawze mentioned above. Those guy, especially Mr. Hag/Vin go all out with it + custom tuning + pyro-boost gauges, run overhead, custom power and torque curves based on your needs and truck specs, re-program turbo properly, pressure test fuel system, engine sensors replaced to ensure proper run, basicly whole engine gone through & checked + more. It takes a entire day from morning till night & is a LOT of work. Esp when you consider 2250 need scr can cut open and weld back when doen right and all other cans dealt with, gauges installed into dash so you can monitor engine, save fuel and everything else.

If you looking for a "cheap deal" through having it done remote, etc. It can be done somewhat, but I feel sorry for you. Some people have no choice because they drive local only so they do this but it is far less than optimal. In your case considering the problems you are showing with it then it would be a dumb move to go this way. That whole "Cheap deals" mentality belongs in a chineese grocery store, not in trucking. it is a mentality in trucking that will cost you far more and lead to nothing but chasing your tail nonstop. Everyone learns this the hard way & is not a way to run a trucking business. - Most proper solution always leads to most money saved in the end. esp when it comes to the engine & equipment. without it you are not in buisness.

Someone need to go through truck & find out why it had those emm issues to begin with. 95% it is because something on engine was not running up to spec and the emm system suffered & failed as a result. Not fixing the engine problems makes everything else a waste of time.

As far as take it somewhere the trouble is WHERE and WHO because it is VERY hard to find someone willing to do this right and stand behind it. Very few so called tuner shops even know very basic things like proper air fuel ratio, what compression ratio of engine compared to boost, and what final firing angles should be at what rpm and torque vs displacement and s oforth. All most know is how to dump program stolen off internet in and make it go yet they all claim to be expert. Then you have issue with it later and they tell you you need to remove turbo like a moron.

Anyone quick to recommend to take off the most fuel effecient turbo going for ISX. The Holset VGT. and put on a turbo that will cause black smoke in lower RPM range, lower fuel economy in most applications, and have a less response is a complete moron. - Shops do those thing because they are too dumb to re-program turbo after such drastic changed to exhaust and intake. Then shortly after the turbo blows up so they resort to putting crappy non-programmable turbo on in attempt to make more money off of you instead of fixing their bad program. Its a plague for ISX like a bad virus that spreads out of ignorance from one shop to the next and from one truck owner to the next becasue they dont know any better.

I have seen lots of trucks from "effingham" -- Every person i met that had something done by them later hate it and had to spend more money fixing that crap. Makes me feel bad for the truck that you say is getting done. The poor truck owner will find this forum in half a year and regret everything he did. -- Shops like that are a dime a dozen and have fancy websites and pictures of pretty trucks on them and talk a big game so beware.

=====

There is a lot of ignorant people in trucking that spread bad information and bad practice like virus. Dont get caught up in this it only costs u money. Keep following bad advice and there is no hope for someone. People on this forum seee it every day and a lot of guys here already been down that road. It leads to headache and wasted money and anger from being duped into paying money for bad things in the end. Don't swap emisios problems with engine problems. That is what most people do before learning the truth & they always regret it.

DON DO SOMETHING STUPID!!! -- READ THIS THREAD!!!
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...01#pid5901

Some can lead a horse to the only water hole that does not taste like doodoo but if it chooses to walk over and drink from the scum pond there is nothing anyone can do.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Squish099 , 386lover , iceman
02-20-2017, (Subject: Cm2250 ) 
Was never looking for cheap.. Just like my time has a price I realize so does everyone else's.. Was just trying to come up with a budget to do it. I have absolutely no fear of jumping in and getting my hands dirty.. Been spinning wrenches since I was old enough to walk.. But I try not to do things as a reflex reaction.. I try to formulate a plan and put it into action.. In the long run it usually saves time and money..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 386lover
02-21-2017, (Subject: Cm2250 ) 
Damn.. Still losing antifreeze.. But next load goes to GA.. Guess it's time to make a call.. Stupid cel is on exhaust trap inlet pressure.. Grrrrr
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.