cummins isx injector
02-22-2017, (Subject: cummins isx injector ) 
RE: cummins isx injector
What would you use to clean up the injector cups? Like a brush of some sort ? Or is that a big no no?

That was the only injector like that. The rest were clean in that area, except for the tip were is sprays,a cpl of them were Carboned up so bad I don't know how it was spraying.

Would the broken spring allow fuel to be dumped in all the time? Or would it make it not dump enough?

Thanks
replyreply
02-22-2017, (Subject: cummins isx injector ) 
(02-22-2017 )race7820000 Wrote:  What would you use to clean up the injector cups? Like a brush of some sort ? Or is that a big no no?

That was the only injector like that. The rest were clean in that area, except for the tip were is sprays,a cpl of them were Carboned up so bad I don't know how it was spraying.

Would the broken spring allow fuel to be dumped in all the time? Or would it make it not dump enough?

Thanks

The weak spring would throw off the injection timing for that cylinder and cause fuel quantity to change, especially if someone tried to adjust the injector with that spring like that.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-23-2017, (Subject: cummins isx injector ) 
(02-22-2017 )race7820000 Wrote:  What would you use to clean up the injector cups? Like a brush of some sort ? Or is that a big no no?

I think it was Aussie ISX who used toothpaste as a lapping compound. That's what I would use in this case as well. You are looking to polish it back up, and you don't want scratches from a wire brush or emery cloth. Is use a nice soft cloth and toothpaste. If you do try this, I'm very interested in your results as I haven't had anything to try it on yet.

(02-22-2017 )race7820000 Wrote:  Would the broken spring allow fuel to be dumped in all the time? Or would it make it not dump enough?

The broken spring would make this injector be under way less tension and it would cause both very unbalanced metered to be injected fuel load and timing quantity compuonding the unbalanced injection.
If the engine was operated with the injector in this state for too long, it could lead to a growing list of problems.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55 , race7820000
02-23-2017, (Subject: cummins isx injector ) 
Well, I got it back together, I didn't read the responses in time. I used a bore brush? And a soft towel and cleanEd the cups .

I watched the videos that rawze made and this was my first injector swap, it was easier than I thought, I just took my time. I sprayed starting fluid in intake one time and it fired and ran like ass for a cpl min then smoothed out.

It does idle way smoother, runs ok, when i drove it the thing seems like it misses a little, the rpm will jump sporadically as it climbs rpms when you Hammer on it through the gears. . I need to pull a trailer so I can really tell.

It still has a vibration at a high rpm in nutural just sitting there.

One thing for sure the injectors were definitely factory and had issues.

Maybe I'm took picky when it comes to vibration.
replyreply
03-01-2017, (Subject: cummins isx injector ) 
Runs good, but now it pushes coolant out overflow. I didn't mess with anything but the injectors them selfs and the cups didn't look like they were leaking.
replyreply
500 mile day it pushes out around 2 gal
replyreply
(03-01-2017 )race7820000 Wrote:  Runs good, but now it pushes coolant out overflow. I didn't mess with anything but the injectors them selfs and the cups didn't look like they were leaking.

(03-01-2017 )race7820000 Wrote:  500 mile day it pushes out around 2 gal

That's a significant problem. You need to rectify this ASAP or you could irreversibly damage your motor. For the time being, in order to limp it home loosen the pressure cap on your tank so that the pressure can escape without pushing as much coolant.

Please describe the "bore brush" you used. Was it abrasive enough to scratch the injector bores causing compression blowby up into the injector cup?

What about the injectors, did you use anything to clean or polish them up that may have left some scratches?
Did you replace all the injector O-ring?

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
I replaced all the injectors with rebuilt ones, they had one rings on them.

The brush could cause scratches I suppose? I got it from a guy that owns a local shop, it's the brush he uses .

It seemed to stop leaking for some goofy reason,maybe I keep over filling it. It ran cool all day, im home now, gping to check water level when it cools down.It's a 06 379 isx 550. With 1.1 miles, it needs a inframe, I was trying to make it till June when I go on vacation for a cpl weeks.

It runs way better but still has what I would call a miss, runs way better but isn't right. At idle with parking brake on the motor starts to vibrate around 1300, u can feel it in the steering wheel, floor etc. It's horrible under a load just like always and non existent when ur not in the throttle. But it gets better mpg and has more power than before
replyreply
Does anyone know were on engine the boost gauge is reading boost from? Is it at intake? It's a factory gauge 2006 pete

If I'm empty causing down the road boost is around 20psi. It seems kinda high for me causing 68mph pulling a empty Trailer on flat Ground.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.