cummins isx injector
02-23-2017, (Subject: cummins isx injector ) 
RE: cummins isx injector
(02-22-2017 )race7820000 Wrote:  What would you use to clean up the injector cups? Like a brush of some sort ? Or is that a big no no?

That was the only injector like that. The rest were clean in that area, except for the tip were is sprays,a cpl of them were Carboned up so bad I don't know how it was spraying.

I think it was Aussie ISX who used toothpaste as a lapping compound. That's what I would use in this case as well. You are looking to polish it back up, and you don't want scratches from a wire brush or emery cloth. Is use a nice soft cloth and toothpaste. If you do try this, I'm very interested in your results as I haven't had anything to try it on yet.

(02-22-2017 )race7820000 Wrote:  Would the broken spring allow fuel to be dumped in all the time? Or would it make it not dump enough?

The broken spring would make this injector be under way less tension and it would cause both very unbalanced metered to be injected fuel load and timing quantity compuonding the unbalanced injection.
If the engine was operated with the injector in this state for too long, it could lead to a growing list of problems.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55 , race7820000

Messages In This Thread
RE: cummins isx injector - Hammerhead - 02-23-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.