Delta P replacement
03-07-2017, (Subject: Delta P replacement ) 
Delta P replacement
I have a 2010 cm871, that will skip under acceleration until the check enging light comes on. Then the problem will go away. The freightliner trouble code indicated delta p sensor, so I replaced it. My question is do I have to program ecm to new sensor? I still have same problem after replacement. Thanks
replyreply
03-07-2017, (Subject: Delta P replacement ) 
RE: Delta P replacement
(03-07-2017 )recap483 Wrote:  I have a 2010 cm871, that will skip under acceleration until the check enging light comes on. Then the problem will go away. The freightliner trouble code indicated delta p sensor, so I replaced it. My question is do I have to program ecm to new sensor? I still have same problem after replacement. Thanks

Nope. Not for the Delta-P sensor. The only thing you need software for replacing on a 871 engine is the ...

* ECM itself - Obviously, if it goes bad, the new one will need to be programmed.

* The the turbocharger - You need the software to re-calibrate it any time it is apart or of it gets replaced.

* If you have a really really old Doser injector. - If you have an original factory Doser injector from back before 2011, and you replace it with a new one, then the software in the ECM needs an update. This is because the newer style doser injector has lower resistance in the coil and will produce random faults for it being shorted out.

* If you get the DOC and/or DPF cleaned or replaced, you need to do a "Maintenence Reset" using the software, otherwise the ecm might think you tampered with it.

============

Have you done a thorough EGR tune-up including replacing all the sensors mentioned? -- If not then start there.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-08-2017, (Subject: Delta P replacement ) 
Well I screwed up when I trusted what my tech said when they worked on my truck last.
Found soot in the left pipe was causing the problem. Going get home and do a good egr cleaning.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Brock
(03-08-2017 )recap483 Wrote:  Well I screwed up when I trusted what my tech said when they worked on my truck last.
Found soot in the left pipe was causing the problem. Going get home and do a good egr cleaning.

I absolutely hate mechanic 99% if the time! They will never take advice and think they know everything. My mechanic is on his way out the door for that exact reason, he does what he wants ....... sometimes without permission.

Asked him 4 times to install bypass filter but he didnt because he said he doesn't like them because guys think they can run forever on oil.

Told him my truck had a bad boost leak and to pressure test it. He said he did and there was no leak and he started hacking apart crap to find a problem that I already knew the answer too so I brought it elsewhere and wouldn't you know that....... a 5" gash on my one bellow!

His only saving grace Is he is the only mechanic where I live so sometimes you don't have a choice.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
Hey Rawze.

So the doser issue is one I wasn't aware of. I have insite now. Is the reprogram simple?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.