Cummins ISC... how does it compare to ISX?
03-07-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISC... how does it compare to ISX? ) 
Cummins ISC... how does it compare to ISX?
Hey everybody,

I just wanted to say thank you to everybody who has been contributing here as I have already learned a whole ton about a lot of things.

For the last eight years I've had a Catapillar 3126 EE that was a 2002 model year and put 90,000 miles on it. For most of your truckers that's not many miles, but this is in an RV that I used to tell a trailer all across the country with my family for work.

So I recently picked up an RV that has the Cummins ISC engine and and Allison 3000 transmission. On the old cat motor I averaged 8.8 miles per gallon over the last three years and now getting this Cummins it's an EPA 07 model engine the computer is telling me it gets about 6.4 miles per gallon.

so I've been searching about the mandate that can be done as well as other things that can be done to the ISX motor to ensure that it's running properly. Is the ISC essentially the same but smaller motor as the ISX?

Do any of you guys have any opinions or advice as to things I should look for, as I did just purchase and Nexiq USB link 2 to to be able to connect to the computer.

Again my appreciation to everyone who contributed to this group and especially the admin for all of the research and knowledge put into what is here. I have done lots and lots of reading and didn't want to post until I had read enough such that I didn't know the answer.

So thank you everybody and I look forward to being a part of the group.
replyreply
03-08-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISC... how does it compare to ISX? ) 
RE: Cummins ISC... how does it compare to ISX?
The ISC is entirely different to the ISX. Its an 8L, pushrod type engine and as far as I know, does not utilise EGR/DPF. Early ISCs had no aftertreatment, newer ones have SCR. The ISC is a very tough engine when operated and maintained well. Most of the ones that have issues are those in stop start applications, garbage trucks for example.
replyreply
03-08-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISC... how does it compare to ISX? ) 
(03-08-2017 )Signature620 Wrote:  The ISC is entirely different to the ISX. Its an 8L, pushrod type engine and as far as I know, does not utilise EGR/DPF. Early ISCs had no aftertreatment, newer ones have SCR. The ISC is a very tough engine when operated and maintained well. Most of the ones that have issues are those in stop start applications, garbage trucks for example.

Mine is a EPA 2007 which does have the cooled EGR and the DOC/DPF.

So will any of the @m*m^2 mandate information work for this motor?
replyreply
03-09-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISC... how does it compare to ISX? ) 
The priciples will be similar but the specifics will be irrelevant as the ISC is controlled very differently.
replyreply
03-14-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISC... how does it compare to ISX? ) 
I found that this is a CM2150D comtroller on the engine...

And I am hoping to find some help in sorting out how to get it to run right.

Lots of time reading here has already saved me from going to a butcher shop, so my gratitude for the knowledge...

Any other input or advice on getting it running right?
replyreply
Gearhead and Unilevers both have tunes for that engine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: TDInewguy
(03-14-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Gearhead and Unilevers both have tunes for that engine.

Are they the same tune, or do each of them do their own thing?

I will be in Atlanta in a few weeks, so what about Mr Hag?
replyreply
(03-14-2017 )TDInewguy Wrote:  
(03-14-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Gearhead and Unilevers both have tunes for that engine.

Are they the same tune, or do each of them do their own thing?

I will be in Atlanta in a few weeks, so what about Mr Hag?

Mr. hag uses which ever one of them is avail at that time I believe unless you have a preference, you will have to ask him yourself. They pretty much both do close to the same thing from what I hear.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.