ISX 871 525hp No throttle response
03-09-2017, (Subject: ISX 871 525hp No throttle response ) 
RE: ISX 871 525hp No throttle response
(03-09-2017 )Biglentil Wrote:  I think i better pull the valve cover off tonight and have a peak. She was a RB special may have got more than I bargained. Worse case senario my dad has a good N14 on a pallet in storage. Is that crazy talk or a valid option? Has an Rtlo18918B 18sp would it bolt right up?

putting n14's into other newer trucks suck as they run a hot common instead of a ground common. insulating the common wires for the ecm from ground is very time consuming.

food for thought.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
03-10-2017, (Subject: ISX 871 525hp No throttle response ) 
(03-09-2017 )Unilevers Wrote:  
(03-09-2017 )Biglentil Wrote:  I think i better pull the valve cover off tonight and have a peak. She was a RB special may have got more than I bargained. Worse case senario my dad has a good N14 on a pallet in storage. Is that crazy talk or a valid option? Has an Rtlo18918B 18sp would it bolt right up?

putting n14's into other newer trucks suck as they run a hot common instead of a ground common. insulating the common wires for the ecm from ground is very time consuming.

food for thought.
replyreply
Ok so took valve cover off all the cam surfaces appear nice and smooth. Appears to have exessive play in the valve train. Thinking I should set the valves before putting cover back on. Need to find the procedure on that. The Cummins quickserve site is down for maintance. Im looking forward to the feeling of empowerment by getting this thing MM'd. Who doesnt like mama's milk. LoL
replyreply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQprOKCVln8&t=1108s

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
(03-10-2017 )Biglentil Wrote:  Ok so took valve cover off all the cam surfaces appear nice and smooth. Appears to have exessive play in the valve train. Thinking I should set the valves before putting cover back on. Need to find the procedure on that. The Cummins quickserve site is down for maintance. Im looking forward to the feeling of empowerment by getting this thing MM'd. Who doesnt like mama's milk. LoL

Valvetrain gets tighter, not more loose when they wear.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
hmm shes quite the beast when you look at all that valve train. Whats next VTEC?
replyreply
03-11-2017, (Subject: ISX 871 525hp No throttle response ) 
Just an update on my progress. I have an Inline 5 kit on order should be here in 3-4 days hopefully. In meantime im on mission yank the leaky water cooler and build a cross over water tube to replace it. Im quite good with copper having built many a liquor still. (look up bokabob if interested). Can also tig weld copper or stainless decently. Maybe stainless is the way to go. Will also get the new sensors. Pull my dash so i can trace where my OAT sensor goes and replace if necessary. Like Rawze says if its even there.
replyreply
You should go see unileavers. He's in Edmonton. Not a far drive for you. Guy is a wiz.
replyreply
Also a SK guy here. I drove a guy's truck that was done at the diesel performance shop in Regina. They use a tune from out in Quebec. I don't think they gut the DPF either just drill holes in it and they put a little U shaped piece in the turbo actuator to lock it in place and claim similar effects to a pukedits nozzle ring turbo. At the time and not having any knowledge it seemed like a good idea but now knowing what I do thanks to this forum I wouldn't take my truck there if they paid me.

As others in this forum have suggested, Contact Unilevers. He's a busy man but he WILL sort you out.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.