ISX 871 525hp No throttle response
03-11-2017, (Subject: ISX 871 525hp No throttle response ) 
RE: ISX 871 525hp No throttle response
Would definetely consider driving it there but truck is not driveable with the bad cooler.
replyreply
Drain coolant and run straight water with radiator cap off. Bob tailing over there it won't hurt anything, may not even leak like that.
replyreply
(03-11-2017 )jorden486 Wrote:  Drain coolant and run straight water with radiator cap off. Bob tailing over there it won't hurt anything, may not even leak like that.

He's in western Canada in March...
Straight water would be worse than running with the leaky EGR cooler. It would freeze and break the rad, then when he would be forced to shut it off, it will crack the block, the head, and anything else that should have coolant in it...it's -20C and colder right now.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
03-12-2017, (Subject: ISX 871 525hp No throttle response ) 
(03-11-2017 )Biglentil Wrote:  Would definetely consider driving it there but truck is not driveable with the bad cooler.

Don't need to drive it anywhere, for a MM treatment that is. If you have a stable internet connection and a inline setup (which you've said is on the way) Unilevers can get it done. Did it on my truck, never met the guy. All the hardware stuff can be done by you, it's really easy.
replyreply
(03-11-2017 )Matt Wrote:  Also a SK guy here. I drove a guy's truck that was done at the diesel performance shop in Regina. They use a tune from out in Quebec. I don't think they gut the DPF either just drill holes in it and they put a little U shaped piece in the turbo actuator to lock it in place and claim similar effects to a pukedits nozzle ring turbo. At the time and not having any knowledge it seemed like a good idea but now knowing what I do thanks to this forum I wouldn't take my truck there if they paid me.

As others in this forum have suggested, Contact Unilevers. He's a busy man but he WILL sort you out.
Yup yup. I had that on my pete from the same place. Those holes plugged up solid with soot!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(03-11-2017 )Biglentil Wrote:  Just an update on my progress. I have an Inline 5 kit on order should be here in 3-4 days hopefully. In meantime im on mission yank the leaky water cooler and build a cross over water tube to replace it. Im quite good with copper having built many a liquor still. (look up bokabob if interested). Can also tig weld copper or stainless decently. Maybe stainless is the way to go. Will also get the new sensors. Pull my dash so i can trace where my OAT sensor goes and replace if necessary. Like Rawes says if its even there.

Flow through the egr cooler device on a CM871 is the equivalent of a 3/4" pipe. Keep that in mind when designing something. You also don't want it to be too straight. It needs to have a slight "U" shape bend in it for heat expansion.

Funny thing is that cummins actually makes factory egr cooler bypass piping for the other model engines that use the same block as the CM871. I have seen them but I don't know the part number at all.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Would that be the QSX15? That would be alot simpler and more reliable than my hillbilly pipe. Great idea Rawze I will investigate that option.
replyreply
they make the pipe but to fit it on a 871 costs about 1800 bucks canadian and some work. still lotsa people do it though.

honestly take your cooler off and weld up both in and exhaust sides and put it back on. its the cheapest and easiest route.

i will call you this week last week was a madhouse.
replyreply
Just for the record. With unilever, your in good hands! This guy is beast mode level 100!

My mechanic messed around with my motor for 5 bloody days and couldn't figure out a couple problems. Took it down to see unilevers and within a hour he knew exactly what was wrong and already had most of it fixed, I was on the road in no time at all!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kalsandhu , gatow900

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.