Oil intervals running local?
03-14-2017, (Subject: Oil intervals running local? ) 
Oil intervals running local?
For the past 3 months I've been running local freight. Maybe anywhere from 10 to 45 mile one way. I used to do my oil changes between 11-12k when running out of state. But now I'm running local and have a wet kit installed in my truck to idle at 9,000 rpm to unload walking floor trailers. I just did my oil change at 10k. Does that sound about right or maybe do it at 8k? Took me 3 months to get 10k.
replyreply
RE: Oil intervals running local?
Usually local stuff, lots of idling jobs go by hours rather then mileage. When I ran infield oilfield, I would change it every 300 hours which was roughly once a month.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Ok I kinda figured maybe go by hours. So 300 hours is a good interval?
replyreply
03-15-2017, (Subject: Oil intervals running local? ) 
(03-14-2017 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  Ok I kinda figured maybe go by hours. So 300 hours is a good interval?

If you use the numbers 12,000 miles at 50 mph avg that's 240 hours. Add the warm ups and cool downs and all the other 5 minutes here and 5 minutes there of idle time during that 12,000 miles, 300 hours for a service would not be out of place.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Signature620
03-15-2017, (Subject: Oil intervals running local? ) 
Fuel use is another baseline to go off of. Every gallon of fuel puts that much more soot in the oil. Unless your fuel usage is high hour meter should be good enough.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.