Isx2250 tough to start
03-17-2017, (Subject: Isx2250 tough to start ) 
Isx2250 tough to start
Hi all, didn't see anything in searches that matched my issue so I'm asking a new one.

I have a 2010 isx cm2250 that on the first startup of the day is tough to start. Will crank, catch, and run for a second or two and shut down. Does this 3-5 times before it will stay running.

I have monitored all the parameters via insite while starting and running and nothing catches my eye as to what could be the issue. I did a fuel leak down test, injector performance test, cylinder cutout. Nothing shows as wrong.

Once it has warmed up it has a slightly rough surging idle and jumps between 600 and 750rpms.

Any help would be appreciated as I have a pain in the ass driver in my shop every other morning with an attitude about it.

Also, no faults are present.
replyreply
RE: Isx2250 tough to start
what is the actual vs commanded fuel pressure during the surge
replyreply
Is it possibly sucking air and losing prime?
replyreply
I'm with Unilevers on this one.....possible fuel pressure sensor issue. Any active/passive codes in Insite?

User's Signature: You want how much?
replyreply
No active or inactive codes. I will have to get actual numbers later since I'm no longer at work, but the command pressure surged up and down along with the idle.
replyreply
03-18-2017, (Subject: Isx2250 tough to start ) 
(03-17-2017 )benjiisx Wrote:  No active or inactive codes. I will have to get actual numbers later since I'm no longer at work, but the command pressure surged up and down along with the idle.

It appears you have a bad fuel return valve. very inexpensive part.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
03-23-2017, (Subject: Isx2250 tough to start ) 
Ok. Well after more trouble shooting with very little info gained, the big boss man wanted the fuel pressure sensor changed out. No biggee, 5 minute fix. Yesterday morning my guy comes in, starts it, same problem. It starts and runs for about 2 seconds and then shuts off. Does this twice and then will stay running and not do it again all day.

Still no codes. It idles better now with the new fps but still having that morning start problem.
replyreply
03-23-2017, (Subject: Isx2250 tough to start ) 
(03-23-2017 )benjiisx Wrote:  Ok. Well after more trouble shooting with very little info gained, the big boss man wanted the fuel pressure sensor changed out. No biggee, 5 minute fix. Yesterday morning my guy comes in, starts it, same problem. It starts and runs for about 2 seconds and then shuts off. Does this twice and then will stay running and not do it again all day.

Still no codes. It idles better now with the new fps but still having that morning start problem.

that is usually only caused by air getting into in the system. Maybe pressurize the fuel tanks to about 10 psi and look for leaks.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.