Help
04-01-2017, (Subject: Help ) 
Help
I was trying to clean out the imap sensor and while trying to take it out it would not come out so I tired to priye it out and I heard a crack then I saw it was cracked from both sides only the middle was holding a shop not gonna be avabile till Monday and I gotta deliver tomorrow would the sensor hold till monday
replyreply
RE: Help
That's a bit of a sticky wicket. This one wants a little foreplay before it comes out. Maybe a little more info: Did it come all the way out? The protective cage broke away from the housing? pictures?
replyreply
(04-01-2017 )fargonaz Wrote:  That's a bit of a sticky wicket. This one wants a little foreplay before it comes out. Maybe a little more info: Did it come all the way out? The protective cage broke away from the housing? pictures?

No it did not come all the way out the cage is the one that cracked and I don't have pictures
replyreply
Do you think it is possible for the broken piece to be ingested?
replyreply
(04-01-2017 )fargonaz Wrote:  Do you think it is possible for the broken piece to be ingested?

It could I think not sure
replyreply
Find a local truck wrecking yard and get one off a core engine.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
Or call another shop

Freightliner
International
Kenworth
Peterbilt
Volvo
Cummins

All might carry it

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: GhumanTruckService
Location? Most big cities have dealerships that are open Sunday.
replyreply
That is what happened with mine, I had to pull the venturi pipe to get the pieces out, after I punched it through the hole... Where are you? An iMap sensor is a regular stock item at most dealers, if you can find one that is open. Worse case, reattach and attempt delivery. If the cage is still stuck in the venturi pipe, odds are it is not going anywhere. Just bolt her back up and deliver. If it was that sooted up, it probably will not make a difference, or go anywhere. Mine was welded in, as I stated, I had to beat it out.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: GhumanTruckService

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.