What am i hearing?
04-22-2017, (Subject: What am i hearing? ) 
What am i hearing?
Trying to find out what's making an intermittent ching ching ching noise which seems to happen when moving replaced clutch and everything related to it and front wheel bearings. Noise started sometime after I did valve seals and turbo opened up the valve cover and didn't see anything unusual
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1ot0eyNvMVf
replyreply
RE: What am i hearing?
I've listened to it twice and can't fully distinguish the sound.
Some more details please;
Were you driving or parked?
If driving, what gear & speed?
What rpm was the engine operating at?

It doesn't sound constant enough to be engine mechanical related that I can tell, so check for anything loose or damaged during the wheel bearing R&R.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
It's at 13-19 seconds in
Driving all speeds
I cruise at 14-1600 rpm
The noise is what lead me to replace the wheel bearings and clutch
replyreply
If it's at all speeds that would most likely rule out driveline as it would change with road speed so I'm leaning to engine. Possibly a failing pulley bearing or fan hub failing?
replyreply
That's what I'm thinking because valvetrain /injector and rod/main bearing noise would be constant but I don't know really at this point I know it doesn't do it when it idles I'm literally just waiting for something to break..
replyreply
04-23-2017, (Subject: What am i hearing? ) 
The more I listen to your recording the less I hear!

The tensioner pulley on mine would make a sound kind of like that prior to failing. It is the one located on the top passenger side and is easy to fix, if that is your problem. But if it has been going on for that long, I doubt it is that particular pulley. Look around all of the pulleys for signs of rubber and pull the belts to inspect all of the pulleys if that is what you think it is. My experience with pulleys is that they make noise and then fail quickly. I doubt it is a pulley, but could be, stranger things have happened.

I would also get under the truck and just lay there and look. Turn the radio off, put the dog in the house and just look. You will be amazed at what you can find out of place under there if you just look. I shake my head every time I crawl under mine.

Oh, how old is the damper? I was amazed at what replacing mine did for my motor. Cured a few things, vibration, pulley failures, general tone of the motor.

I listend to your recording again, almost sounds like your AC compressor pump clicking on and off... ? Maybe a bad clutch on the AC compressor?

Check your springs too, front and back, use a pry bar to just nudge them around, see if something moves that should not. I have seen that too, they can make an intermittent metal to metal sound (cling, cling) going down the road if something is out of whack.
replyreply
I'm with waterloo on the pulley, remove your belt's and see if your pulley's are spinning freely by hand. I would also suggest checking your tensioner's also, to see if they turn freely also. Or better yet, remove one belt at a time, start the engine and see if the noise stop's.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
(04-22-2017 )marek4792 Wrote:  It's at 13-19 seconds in
Driving all speeds
I cruise at 14-1600 rpm
The noise is what lead me to replace the wheel bearings and clutch

Have you tried jacking up each wheel, and turning the tire, to see if their is any noise, or resistance when turning.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
04-24-2017, (Subject: What am i hearing? ) 
I checked prior to replacing the bearings, it is noticetably louder at 1500 rpm when in cruise control when on light to moderate throttle again noise isn't present when idling and comes and goes randomly, it sounds definitely like a moving part when it makes the sound tho.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.