HP, Boost and EGT's
05-03-2017, (Subject: HP, Boost and EGT's ) 
HP, Boost and EGT's
Have a 2008 MM'd CM871 in my Kenworth set at 650hp runs strong at 38psi and never seems to get above 650f post turbo internal egt. Thanks Unilevers! Even at a hefty 63500kg gross.

The 2008 Versatile 485 QSX powered ag tractor (I currently have my arse planted to, thank God for autosteer) is chipped with a Steinbauer to 607hp. Its running 31 psi @ 900f with the egt in same location post turbo. Im burning 21-25 gallons/hour depending on how much seed and fert I have on board. Im short on power in the wet spot and hills. I wonder if the way the inline steinbauer tricks the computer to make more power is safe? I also wonder if anyone has remotely programmed a qsx before? I want it to run like the MM'd Kenworth.
replyreply
RE: HP, Boost and EGT's
The Steinbauer just intercepts the signals to the timing and metering actuators then sends it's own signals. I haven't studied exactly how much the fueling and timing is adjusted by the chip but I can assure you there's nothing a Steinbauer can do that can't be done with calterm.
replyreply
RE: HP, Boost and EGT's
(05-03-2017 )Biglentil Wrote:  ...
650hp
... 38psi
... never seems to get above 650f post turbo internal egt

EGT sounds a bit too low and running on the cold side. Verify the temps by checking the manifold with a heat gun. Manifold should be about 50 degrees cooler than actual EGT on its outside after the temp is stabilized.

Actual EGT only reaching about 650 - 700 degrees or so at high torque is a sign of excess cylinder metal temp absorption and flashing. Should be peaking 800 - 900 if sensor is inside the pipe. Have the SOI lowered about 2.5 degrees or so on it at higher torque and see if temps come back up. If so, then this was the problem.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.