Nox sensor removal
05-08-2017, (Subject: Nox sensor removal ) 
Nox sensor removal
I have got some codes related to the output NOX, which I bought and decided to replace it myself. Bought the necessary grooved socket and tried but still no success. Any advice?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: QuadTurbo
05-08-2017, (Subject: Nox sensor removal ) 
RE: Nox sensor removal
What is/are the codes you are getting?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-11-2017, (Subject: Nox sensor removal ) 
SPN 4364, FMI 18
replyreply
SPN 4364, FMI 18
SPN 4794 FMI 31
This two were active. Checked DEF system for leaks. Negative. And also tested the doser which was spaying well.
Two more codes were inactive at the moment when I checked
SPN 3226 FMI 10
SPN 1569 FMI 31
replyreply
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=475

User's Signature: You want how much?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
08-29-2017, (Subject: Nox sensor removal ) 
(05-08-2017 )gemarsim Wrote:  I have got some codes related to the output NOX, which I bought and decided to replace it myself. Bought the necessary grooved socket and tried but still no success. Any advice?

Hello There From Soggy Indiana! I Think i Can Help You Out if You Haven't got it yet or if someone else is needing help, What I have had to do in the Past it actually cut the cable off the back of the sensor and Use an impact 6 point impact socket and zip them off with the impact wrench
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
05-13-2020, (Subject: Nox sensor removal ) 
Hello,

I'm getting the code spn 1569 fmi 31 comes and goes.
Any advice what should i do to tackle this problem?
replyreply
05-13-2020, (Subject: Nox sensor removal ) 
(08-29-2017 )QuadTurbo Wrote:  
(05-08-2017 )gemarsim Wrote:  I have got some codes related to the output NOX, which I bought and decided to replace it myself. Bought the necessary grooved socket and tried but still no success. Any advice?

Hello There From Soggy Indiana! I Think i Can Help You Out if You Haven't got it yet or if someone else is needing help, What I have had to do in the Past it actually cut the cable off the back of the sensor and Use an impact 6 point impact socket and zip them off with the impact wrench

I have never had trouble removing any exhaust sensor, bolts, clamps, joints, fittings, etc... .. even when they were severely corroded and rusty to the point of not seeing the threads any more from all the rust and corrosion. - All it takes is the right approach and some patients.

If something is corroded and stuck to the point of it breaking instead of coming loose .... Get a propane or map-gas torch ... Get it hot enough to make the metal glow a dim red ... and work it back and fourth ... little at a time. It will get more and more free as it starts to come loose. ... Works every time.

works for stubborn clamps, joints, hangers, exhaust sensors, etc.etc.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete
05-14-2020, (Subject: Nox sensor removal ) 
(05-13-2020 )Harman Wrote:  Hello,

I'm getting the code spn 1569 fmi 31 comes and goes.
Any advice what should i do to tackle this problem?

Do you have a QuickServe account? If not, go to https://quickserve.cummins.com WITH your engine serial number (8 digit number located on the driver side of engine) and register it. This is a free account and massively valuable as an owner of big red metal.

Not sure what you mean, "comes and goes?" Are you derated? According to Cummins you should be in an active torque derate currently, see below.

SPN 1569 FMI 31 - Engine Code: 3714 Engine Protection Torque Derate - Condition Exists

I am not the guy to ask here as my level of expertise is not there. I can tell you there are multiple possibilities according to Cummins for why you're getting this code, ALL after-treatment related from what I see.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.