Part Numbers
05-12-2017, (Subject: Part Numbers ) 
Part Numbers
So many times I was in the situation that I need a part for my 2010 Peterbilt 387 and the local dealership doesn't have it or they just charge a lot more than this part actually values. So I decided to plan ahead and order it online. The problem is that the stealerships will not give the part number out because that's the policy of the company or they will say "class pays" yeah pays for sure somebody else only not me. I had a hard time shopping the parts from dealership so for everybody else who wanna save some money I'll start a thread with the OEM Part Numbers for Peterbilt&Kenworth Trucks

2010 PETERBILT 387
SYMPTOM - HARD CLUTCH PEDAL WON'T RETURN AND DOESN'T ENGAGE THE CRUISE CONTROL SWITCH
Part Changed - Clutch Cable Assy 06-01521-0965 (the OEM part came with a too short U-bolt, had to custom made a new one with longer threads bought a zinc round rod from ACE hardware, bent it to the needed dimensions and made threads by myself)
SYMPTOM - FRONT SPRINGS CLUNKING NOISE WHEN TURNING WHEEL
Part Changed - Horton Shackle 994610 (it may differs from yours, take the measurements first, distance and diameter of the pins then go to Horton website and chose which one fits)
SYMPTOM - HARD START
Part Changed - Starter Delco 8200308 39mt
SYMPTOM - LEAKING AIR BAG
Part Changed - Air Spring Contitech AS9069 64274/1R12-069/8312 (it may differs from yours)
SYMPTOM - HARD SPOTS WHEN TURNING WHEELS
Part Changed - Steer Gear Box TAS 65166R by Federal Mogul - TRW
and Pitman-Arm 10-02940

Will keep updating as new repairs will come
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Rawze , scottydogtruck , gatow900
05-12-2017, (Subject: Part Numbers ) 
RE: Part Numbers
That is a great idea Sergui!!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Sergiu
05-13-2017, (Subject: Part Numbers ) 
2010 PETERBILT 387
SYMPTOM - CRACKED BELOW FLEX PIPE BAD REGEN, the OEM from the dealer ($650 in CA) was too long and it cracked again in a month
Part Changed - PETERBILT FLARED BELLOW FLEX PIPE M66-6541-0405 4" X 14.25" ($250 from truckpipeusa) a little shorter then OEM but still in a good shape 2 years already
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Roysbigtoys , JMBT
05-14-2017, (Subject: Part Numbers ) 
If you set up a account with your local dealership you can request access to thier parts program, pacaar offers this so you can look up you own part numbers.

Freightliner has the same thing, you go into the dealership and prove you own the truck then diamler sets you up to search your own part numbers.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: stevesparts , Rawze , Sergiu , Waterloo , JMBT , gatow900
I always had good luck at Kenworth in Jerome idaho. They always seemed to have the best prices, and willing to help. Easy on/off freeway.322 Frontage Rd N.18008798886.

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply
Brock: do you know if Volvo dealers do this too? I am good on the Cummins side, (thank you Quicksevre), but I would love the same kind of access to Volvo part numbers! I have an account at my dealer already so I will inquire about it next time I am in.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.