Dpf delete
05-18-2017, (Subject: Dpf delete ) 
Dpf delete
I have followed the milk money delete for the isx871. I only did the dpf delete. After I finished the programming I had a couple codes for the dpf. Showing the temp sensors were unplugged. Is this normal. Thanks for the help. The egr system is all still intact.
replyreply
RE: Dpf delete
assuming you live in a country that this is legal...

no, you should not have any codes for anything emmision related.
replyreply
Is there anything else I need to disable other than what's in the guide.
replyreply
05-19-2017, (Subject: Dpf delete ) 
Only doing part of something results in only a partial result. Why would you expect anything different?.

Assuming you are in mexico or Aussie-land where you only need EGR ...

If you are seeking only removing the exhaust side of things then flash it with a factory-made mexican or Aussi file and unplug the main harness. No need for all the efforts and hacking you are trying to go through there. Those files are on the Incal collections disks that are found all over the internet. They can even be downloaded from the red engine maker themselves for free...
https://insite.cummins.com/downloads/incal.html

You need Insite to use the disks. Don't forget that the cans need to be hollowed out or removed after you get it working. The files in the pic below are already set this way from the factory. Make sure you use the right file with the correct injector size, turbo, etc. that match for components.
./uploads/201705/post_1744_1495197301_5dc31bf62ed3ee7a1457d28c001817ae.jpg
(right click and choose "view image" for a larger view).

I never understood why people make things harder than they are.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucklogger2 , Python12456
How do I find out which one works. The software in the truck is av10064.45. Thanks I really appreciate the help
replyreply
Do not use a Mexico Cal on your CM871, the Mexican calibration does not recognize the VGT turbo, as a result your VGT turbo will remain in the closed position and you will crack your cylinder head in short order.

*sorry meant to say VGT...senior moment...hahaha.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
Like the others said. Assuming you live in a country that doesnt mandate these things or are using your truck for racing. Why would you remove the dpf but not disable the egr? If done correctly you should not have those codes. Reopen your module and double check that it took the changes. That software can be rather finicky sometimes. Hope we have all helped. Oh and do make sure your not overboosting. That will murder your engine regardless of what country you drive in.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Python12456
The problem I was having is I did all the dpf changes in the {**Content removed by protection bot**- content.}. I couldn't get the {**Content removed by protection bot**- content.}. Every time I change it it goes back to 1. Thanks. Any help with this issue is appreciated. Thanks.

(05-19-2017 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Like the others said. Assuming you live in a country that doesnt mandate these things or are using your truck for racing. Why would you remove the dpf but not disable the egr? If done correctly you should not have those codes. Reopen your module and double check that it took the changes. That software can be rather finicky sometimes. Hope we have all helped. Oh and do make sure your not overboosting. That will murder your engine regardless of what country you drive in.
replyreply
(05-19-2017 )Python12456 Wrote:  {**Content removed by protection bot**- content.} it goes back to 1.

I'm going to assume that all that you are {**Content removed by protection bot**- content.} while connected to your ECM; if so your ECM will reset itself each time you turn the key off. To make a setting permanent you have to change the setting in a CAL file and then send (write or download) that CAL file to your ECM.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.