Prostar ac
05-31-2017, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
RE: Prostar ac
It could also be legitimately building too much high side pressure and tripping the switches. in that 30 minutes that it works is the engine fan cycling ever 30 seconds or so? if you have gauges you need to monitor the high and low side pressure while its running and note what the pressure is when it shuts off. also make sure your condenser coil is clean. if the system has been opened it could have gotten debris in it which will clog the expansion valve/orfice causing low low side and high high side pressure. pressure switches could also be bad giving the cab controller the wrong info. unfortunately someone thought they needed to introduce computers to hvac in turn making them an infinite PITA. just my personal opinion. Rawze has plenty more years of experience with the things.
replyreply
06-20-2017, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
Rawze, I have ordered the 3 items listed to build this but I didn't see the 4th board that is under your aduarino. Is that just a blank wafer board you soldered components too? And is the wiring easily obtained 4pin connectors?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: jmiles3830
06-21-2017, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
(06-20-2017 )Nilao Wrote:  Rawze, I have ordered the 3 items listed to build this but I didn't see the 4th board that is under your aduarino. Is that just a blank wafer board you soldered components too? And is the wiring easily obtained 4pin connectors?

Just a blank board to solder and socket the arduino to.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Dont rekon youve got a wiring diagram drawn for that yet?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RTRUCKING48
(06-21-2017 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Dont rekon youve got a wiring diagram drawn for that yet?

I am in mid stroke in re-building the rears for my truck and don't have time for elaboration on this project as of yet. I do plan on following up m ore on this for everyone interested but it will take some time.

As far as wiring diagram, the program has the pins etc. and info in it. All that is needed is to wire up the relays to the fan clutch ground wire through one relay (normally CLOSED) just like when installing a manual fan switch. For the compressor, I used the same on circuit that the cab controller used (normally OPEN relay). The triggers for the relays are going to the arduino. The pressure sensor I simply wired the sensing signal to one of the input pins (defined in the program) with a 330 ohm resistor in series and left the +5v and ground for it attached to the cab controller like it was. I only used the one wire from the pressure sensor to an analog in.

The project is unfinished by a long shot but very functional. I plan on making a better version, a better way to connect it, and better detail so that others can follow it properly but I just have not had time as of yet. Too busy re-building the rears and wiring of my truck, and that alone will likely take me a couple more weeks.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(06-21-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(06-21-2017 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Dont rekon youve got a wiring diagram drawn for that yet?

I am in mid stroke in re-building the rears for my truck and don't have time for elaboration on this project as of yet. I do plan on following up m ore on this for everyone interested but it will take some time.

As far as wiring diagram, the program has the pins etc. and info in it. All that is needed is to wire up the relays to the fan clutch ground wire through one relay (normally CLOSED) just like when installing a manual fan switch. For the compressor, I used the same on circuit that the cab controller used (normally OPEN relay). The triggers for the relays are going to the arduino. The pressure sensor I simply wired the sensing signal to one of the input pins (defined in the program) with a 50k ohm resistor in series and left the +5v and ground for it attached to the cab controller like it was. I only used the one wire from the pressure sensor to an analog in.

The project is unfinished by a long shot but very functional. I plan on making a better version, a better way to connect it, and better detail so that others can follow it properly but I just have not had time as of yet. Too busy re-building the rears and wiring of my truck, and that alone will likely take me a couple more weeks.

I hope you are working on rear ends with camera ON.
If not you are in trouble:big_smile2:
replyreply
(06-21-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  I hope you are working on rear ends with camera ON.
If not you are in trouble:big_smile2:

Not filming it this time. sorry.

replyreply
Ill order the parts and see what i can put together. Good luck with your truck.
replyreply
06-28-2017, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
okay, when I tried to compile the code you posted above I get these errors

Arduino: 1.8.3 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

C:\Users\Christopher Clark\Documents\Arduino\sketch_jun28a\sketch_jun28a.ino: In function 'void setup()':

sketch_jun28a:66: error: 'class SwitchTemplate' has no member named 'Reset'

De_IcerTimer.Reset();

^

C:\Users\Christopher Clark\Documents\Arduino\sketch_jun28a\sketch_jun28a.ino: In function 'void loop()':

sketch_jun28a:96: error: 'class SwitchTemplate' has no member named 'is_busy'

if(!CompressorSwitch.is_busy() && SystemPressure > MIN_SYSTEM_PRESSURE ){//less than safe pres, not busy and > min pres.

^

exit status 1
'class SwitchTemplate' has no member named 'Reset'

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.