Havig a bad day. CM2350 fuel pump failure.
07-07-2017, (Subject: Havig a bad day. CM2350 fuel pump failure. ) 
RE: Havig a bad day. CM2350 fuel pump failure.
Is it possible to catch and filter the oil coming from the fuel pump before returning to the engine.
replyreply
(07-07-2017 )arch_stanton Wrote:  Is it possible to catch and filter the oil coming from the fuel pump before returning to the engine.

i don;t think so but this comes to mind...
http://enginecare.com.au/wp-content/uplo...Switch.pdf

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Ragindirt
well that looks like a great solution
replyreply
Another thing to consider is the micron rating on the filters. I was at a parts house getting fuel and oil filters. Because he actually carries the right oil filter the dealer does not and argues with you about it. Any how I ask what the micron rating was for these fuel filters he told me it was 4 micron. He didn't carrie that one so I had him order the right one. Makes me wonder how many of these trucks are running around with the wrong filters on them. Like a 10 micron or so. I told the dealer no wonder these engines have cam failures with you guys always putting on the wrong filters. Kinda funny watching there reaction. The dealers sell the cheapest filters they can get away with. Ever trucker says I want filters. If there too much money I'll get them somewhere else. So you get the $40 dollar filter instead of the $60 dollar filter that it really should have.
replyreply
Would a strong magnet in the oil pan also catch the metal debris and save a motor
replyreply
07-10-2017, (Subject: Havig a bad day. CM2350 fuel pump failure. ) 
(07-07-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  As a follow-up to this...

it was the plungers that started to fail, but the rollers that caused all the destruction.

The engine had to be partially disassembled and flushed 9 TIMES ( about 110 - 120 gallons of cheap oil mixed with diesel fuel ) before shavings would stop pouring out of the engine and down into the oil pan. In just that 300 miles, the entire engine was buried in metal shavings. HIS ENGINE HAD the updated plungers and had the updated oil bypass valve. Makes me wonder what the oil filter is even for if so much shavings can get past the pump/filter and into the engine.

Mr. Hag has gotten quite good at saving these engines when they do this if it is caught early enough but even so, he said to me "What a royal Pain in the Arsse. You have to take it all apart down to the main castings (head stays on) and flush/force an oil/diesel mix through all the passages and put it back together, then run it, pull the pan again and look for shavings over and over and over to get it all out if you want to do it right."

They had to replace the pump, do the retrofit to the new style, replace the oil pump, oil cooler, and a few other components like the oil thermostat and oil bypass valve too. His nice new rod and main bearings all had to be replaced too. The shavings had already eaten them up as well.
could something like this coolant flush tool be use to flush the engine but with the oil/diesel mix https://youtu.be/n6TVKwiINQ4
replyreply
08-23-2017, (Subject: Havig a bad day. CM2350 fuel pump failure. ) 
Thanks for this post. I am dealing with this very issue as we speak. CRAP!
replyreply
I have a filter mag on my oil filter. got it from Pittsburgh power. they have them for oil@ fuel
replyreply
You can also get them through summit. That's where I got mine.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.