Havig a bad day. CM2350 fuel pump failure.
07-07-2017, (Subject: Havig a bad day. CM2350 fuel pump failure. ) 
RE: Havig a bad day. CM2350 fuel pump failure.
As a follow-up to this...

it was the plungers that started to fail, but the rollers that caused all the destruction.

The engine had to be partially disassembled and flushed 9 TIMES ( about 110 - 120 gallons of cheap oil mixed with diesel fuel ) before shavings would stop pouring out of the engine and down into the oil pan. In just that 300 miles, the entire engine was buried in metal shavings. HIS ENGINE HAD the updated plungers and had the updated oil bypass valve. Makes me wonder what the oil filter is even for if so much shavings can get past the pump/filter and into the engine.

Mr. Hag has gotten quite good at saving these engines when they do this if it is caught early enough but even so, he said to me "What a royal Pain in the Arsse. You have to take it all apart down to the main castings (head stays on) and flush/force an oil/diesel mix through all the passages and put it back together, then run it, pull the pan again and look for shavings over and over and over to get it all out if you want to do it right."

They had to replace the pump, do the retrofit to the new style, replace the oil pump, oil cooler, and a few other components like the oil thermostat and oil bypass valve too. His nice new rod and main bearings all had to be replaced too. The shavings had already eaten them up as well.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Texasdude74 , gatow900 , PuroCumminsPower , E_83 , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Havig a bad day. CM2350 fuel pump failure. - Rawze - 07-07-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.