Havig a bad day. CM2350 fuel pump failure.
07-07-2017, (Subject: Havig a bad day. CM2350 fuel pump failure. ) 
RE: Havig a bad day. CM2350 fuel pump failure.
(07-07-2017 )simon999 Wrote:  If somebody updated his puel pump plungers couple months ago they probably did mistake and put 2250 plungers instead of 2350. Two months ago I was at cummins and the repair kit for was 2350 was not available. I just got my kit a month ago. And had to ship from cummins memphis factory. Also pump body has alignment pins for putting back tappets into pump. Pins have to be aligned to the tappet groves. These mistakes can make pump failure.

In his case, nobody updated the pump. It came with the steel plungers from new. Fuel pump had about 420K miles on it if I remember correctly, was inspected a few months previous and looked fine at that time. Seems like they give no signs or warning when they are going to fail. someone once told me that engines built after may of 2013 I think, started getting the steel plungers from factory. Not 100% sure on this one.

I am wondering if some of those failures could not be caused by contaminants introduced during a filter change.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Texasdude74 , E_83

Messages In This Thread
RE: Havig a bad day. CM2350 fuel pump failure. - Rawze - 07-07-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.