Havig a bad day. CM2350 fuel pump failure.
09-24-2017, (Subject: Havig a bad day. CM2350 fuel pump failure. ) 
RE: Havig a bad day. CM2350 fuel pump failure.
(09-24-2017 )Ragindirt Wrote:  Ok in an above post I posted my isx15 as a 871, with below info what would I have?

Family: 9cexh0912xal
Model: isx 485
Mfg date: 8/09

Fuel pump: FE 4921640

Am I still in the good 871 category?

What is your question? Are you having issues with the motor or throwing codes? Is the mandate still intact? I have an 871 that was manufactured in 08, and the fuel system or "pump" has never given me issues. When I did the in frame we did replace all of the components in the fuel system, lift pump, all of the actuators, injectors, etc. Our fuel system is not at all like those ticking time bombs, worse case if say a lift pump fails you may have to tow the truck to a shop to fix, I think that would be our worse case scenario. Nothing is there to explode and boat anchor the entire motor in our 871's, unless you are abusing the hell out of it.

Your actuators, there are four, 2 metering and 2 timing, are usually where the issues arise as they age. I think they are good for roughly 700,000 to 800,000 miles of life and then they just wear out. They are not cheap, my plan before the in frame was to just buy one every week or two and when I had all four replace before they started failing on me. Kind of how I work my maintenance program, I pretty much now know what is next, and start gathering the parts and any special tools needed to do the job in advance.

But, if you are not having issues or throwing codes, I would say just the normal maintenance of the system is what need to keep an eye on, along with an overhead. Pretty much bullet proof compared the the CM-2250 and 2350, which I would not want to own. Those motors are ticking time bombs, but you know that. If you still have the mandate, I would get rid of that asap. I did mine in my driveway with some help from Unilever setting up my laptop and finding me the correct file for my particular CPL. Since then, and the in frame, I have not looked back, now just normal stuff that breaks on trucks. Need to replace my shocks... ;-)
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Havig a bad day. CM2350 fuel pump failure. - Waterloo - 09-24-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.