what are some of the oil consumpionn cause in a isx 2006
06-17-2017, (Subject: what are some of the oil consumpionn cause in a isx 2006 ) 
what are some of the oil consumpionn cause in a isx 2006
i have a 2006 isx that uses a gallon of oil on aveage every 2000 miles .
i have noticed when i change the i change the oil it takes 4000 to5ooo miles to use the first gallon, this i thank is due to the fact that the engine is over filled by one half to one gallon of oil.
afder that the dirtity the oil get the more the engine uses. i change oil every 12000 miles.

this engine has 1384000 miles on it and was over hauled about 384000 miles ago.
replyreply
06-17-2017, (Subject: what are some of the oil consumpionn cause in a isx 2006 ) 
RE: what are some of the oil consumpionn cause in a isx 2006
* Make sure it is not an external leak somewhere.

* Make sure your turbocharger is not bleeding oil into the intake or exhaust of the engine.

* Make sure your air compressor is not consuming it and pushing oil into the air system.

* Make sure it is not bad valve guide seals.

* Do a blow-by test and see what the blow-by is. If it has been freshly inframed there should be almost none if it was done properly.

* You can always pull the oil pan off and look at the liners to see if they have gotten polished or scuffed badly during first startup after the inframe. Sometimes people installing rod/main bearings will get one into a bind and when the engine starts that first time after, it scuffs a liner badly or can crack a ring sometimes.

===

What are the details of the inframe? -- was the head re-used (big no-no) or a re-man head put on (not recommended either) or brand new head used?

Did they use an overhaul kit? -- or just replace pistons, rings, etc. and leave the old worn out liners?

Has it always consumed the oil since the inframe?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
06-18-2017, (Subject: what are some of the oil consumpionn cause in a isx 2006 ) 
RE: what are some of the oil consumpionn cause in a isx 2006
Thanks will check out all your posting.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.