Remote mounted greasable zerks
07-13-2017, (Subject: Remote mounted greasable zerks ) 
Remote mounted greasable zerks
Now that I'm wrapping up my truck, and have been climbing all over the whole thing for the last couple weeks now fixing everything wrong I could find, it dawned on me that remote zerks would make my life perhaps a tad easier.

Anyone do this on their truck? I'm considering a rear grease block and a front as well. Can't do much for the throw out bearing or u joints, but I can at least make the suspension a little easier to deal with.

While we are on the subject, what are you guys typically running for grease? I'm curious...

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
RE: Remote mounted greasable zerks
My prostar has 31 grease points. i use red grease. I have heard many times that you should never mix green and red brands of grease as it turns into clay.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
That's what I've been running, the red stuff.

I'm thinking of having a grease manifold in the rear and another in the front to at least handle my suspension needs. I try to grease the u-joints and TO bearing once to twice a month, and I would prefer to grease the suspension and steering weekly.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
The issue I could see is you have no way of telling if a zerk is plugged up or visually grabbing the components to check for wear. I like to see the grease come out till it's fresh as well as pulling/pushing on the components to check for wear. I'm under it a couple times a month just to make sure everything is still zip tied and my ujoints are right.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rounded_nut , Toolguy
I have a remote grease hose on the throw out bearing on my trucks from the factory,but they would not be hard to install just need a hole in inspection plate.

the best thing I have found to make greasing easier is a fitting called lock N Lube it locks on the zerk and has a leaver operated by your thumb

The other thing that makes it easier is a battery operated grease gun I currently have an 18 volt dewalt it's heavy but stands up on feet also had a 12 volt Lincoln years ago lighter weigh and less pressure but an operator ran it over with a wheel loader. Also try heating up your grease tubes keep 2 under the hood makes it way easier to get all side of a u joint to purge
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.