Why I add 12% (one gallon) of gear lube at every oil change...
01-05-2018, (Subject: Why I add 12% (one gallon) of gear lube at every oil change... ) 
RE: Why I add 12% (one gallon) of gear lube at every oil change...
If someone made a readily avail. 90 or 110 wt diesel engine oil with 1440 zinc and the other goodies they stripped out of the crap they supply these days, I would might prefer a gallon of that as an additive that instead of the gear lube. Then again, I like what the small amount of PE additives do too though... I would be up in the air on that decision.

Of course, no one needs to take my word for any of this,.. it is all at someone's own risk. I say that because there is always that nice collection of internet rambo's (trolling) "oil experts" who take blurbs from 15 different articles out of context and claim it is going to destroy my engine. they make claims of "alkaline mixing with acidic" oils that lead to crud buildup of some kind, acid that eats all the various weaker types of metals, and about a thousand other out of context points too.

(BTW: I did look into this a long time ago and chose gear oils that were not rated high acidic like the sta-lube and super-tech specifically)...

According to "them", the situation is worse when heat is applied ... soo .... where is this evidence?? -- Surely it would have been apparent where there is the most heat applied to the engine oil --- The piston rings themselves --- Surely they would have been the place to spot all this problems no?. --- Anyone is welcome to re-watch the tear-down videos I made again and be their own judge.

- For all those rambo's,... They are welcome to come over and show me the evidence of their claims,... surely after a million miles, there will be a whopping amount of obvious evidence of these problems by now ... I am still waiting.

- It is no different than all the crap grief Internet Rambo claims about me running down the roads at highway speeds with my tranny in neutral most of its whole life + shifting in/out of gear 50-200 + times per day. According to the all-mighty internet rambo crowd,.. my tranny should have failed about 200 times over by now. In reality, having it torn down for the very first time in 1.13 million miles and inspected thoroughly revealed LESS wear than most trannies of that age by about 1/3 or more. - I even have a 5-speed toyota pick-up truck and a ford explorer (5-speed as well) that I have shifted that way THAT I HAVE HAD FOR 17+ YEARS and they both drive and shift like a champ with zero issues and zero tranny problems. if fact, every vehicle I own, I have always driven them that way their whole lives and have never seen a negative effect of driving a vehicle in neutral on any of them. That is unless you consider longer engine and tranny life a negative effect I suppose.

-- I know,.. Perhaps the fairy pixel alignment of mars and the moon just happens to be above my truck at all times over the last million miles making its tranny and engine components last longer out of sheer coincidence... Maybe my truckhad less wear in it after doing such nonsense damaging things like running in neutral and using gear lube because of some unknown cosmic force special to my situation? -- Should I expect to see a star wars episode on my truck in the future too?

- sorry, but I am just doing what works to make me a higher LONG TERM PROFIT based mostly on personal experience described above in previous post(s) -- The key and focus being "LONG TERM PROFIT". - will it work for anyone else? -- I can't say that. Maybe they don;t use their truck the same ways,.. but it worked for me, so that is what I do out of my own sheer gleeful ignorance as i deposit my pay in the bank week after week, month after month, and year after year. At this point, it would not even matter if there was a negative consequence for such debauchery on my part,.. it has paid off and I will smile, fix what is wrong, and repeat the pattern that has worked for me so far so that it can live another million before worrying about it again.

Some of the things I have tried have definitely lead to some negative long term consequences (using waterless coolant over a 600k mile span is one of those nightmares), and when I see such things then I will be the first to spout it off so that others can learn by it. I try things based on observation as much as science and have the financial breathing room to do so because I am successful in my own truck ownership. Someone like me is quite often not satisfied with the norm sometimes when there could be potential to have a more positive outcome. i have the means to try new stuff, so I do so at my own peril. Sharing the "result so far" is all I can provide to anyone when asked. I just try my best NOT to do things blindly, or without testing and close observation of possible side-effects. really, that is all anyone can do.

- I am also not a complete moron and unwilling to take suggestion or those "hey that may not work" theories, so yes,.. I watch very closely for those things someone claims will go wrong or change when I try something new, especially if someone has mentioned it and/or there is some evidence somewhere already. The trouble much of the time any more though is that there is a LOT of false, skewed, extremist information on the internet and it should all be taken with a grain of salt. This include what I say too because at the end of the day, I am full of s#$it just like the next guy.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kmk , MCRENT , bossboy2 , Waterloo , Chamberpains , iHaul , DSTdriver , TruLine , amermextrucker , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I add 12% (one gallon) of gear lube at every oil change... - Rawze - 01-05-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.