Why I add 12% (one gallon) of gear lube at every oil change...
12-25-2019, (Subject: Why I add 12% (one gallon) of gear lube at every oil change... ) 
RE: Why I add 12% (one gallon) of gear lube at every oil change...
(12-25-2019 )dumptruckisx Wrote:  Is Gear oil recommended for a CM2350? Im purchasing a used truck and looking to read up on everything i can but im curious if the previous owner used synthetic oil instead of conventional then i cannot use gear oil as i will have to continue using synthetic oil. Am i on the right track is this correct? please correct me if im wrong. Im going to have to do an oil analysis as i have no way of knowing if its synthetic or conventional in there and if its already synthetic then i wont be able to switch to conventional and add gear oil in anyway. Im new to this kind of thing so sorry if its a dumb questions i just couldnt find the answer anywhere so looking for your guys professional opinion on this type of situation for a used truck purchase that may already have synthetic oil what should a buyer do?

Pick a top brand of oil (rotella-t, delo, or delvac... rotella has the most zinc for low pressure engine like isx though) and don;t switch again... it is horse-s#$it off social media that says you can;t mix syn with regular oil.. I get more and more people on my forum each year with this mis-belief.

-- It is however NOT recommended to keep switching brands all the time... pick one and stick to it... and if it is not the same kind/brand as what was used so far, oil consumption will go up a bit for a few oil changes (ring/liners will change coating a bit because of different additive compounds), then settle again,.. that is normal.

if your going to use gear lube 10% (one gallon), thats fine too, unless there is a lot of oil getting into your emissions system, and engine is worn out badly ... Just be consistent about what you do.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dumptruckisx , DieselDave

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why I add 12% (one gallon) of gear lube at every oil change... - Rawze - 12-25-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.