Tire rolling resistance (copied from another forum).
10-31-2018, (Subject: Tire rolling resistance (copied from another forum). ) 
RE: Tire rolling resistance (copied from another forum).
I have about 150k on my 726's and they are already half worn out.

Lately, I do go to customers that require alot of tight turns and half of my driving miles are city. My dedicated route is only 75 miles a day for all miles, I do occasionally run overweight isotanks to a plant 45 miles away for extra money if I have the time...I average 800 miles a week if I use at least 62 hours of my 70.

Because my inners are rusty steel and I have curb rash from a previous asshole on my steers, I'll be replacing my springs, bushings, upgrading to better shocks and replacing my wheels before I put on a new set of 710's. Im even changing my aging steering box and tierods, etc because of it before it goes (768k on it now) I'm not impressed with the 726's...I would scrub off speed on a slight decline at 85k gross. That is HORRIBLE rolling resistance, not to mention it's an aerodynamic brick.

I will be keeping in mind what rawze said, and I agree, your profit must reflect that level of wear and tear...I get paid very well now as a local driver, and since I run near and slow, my maintenance cost dropped an average of 70% while my gross jumped 25%. I have no reason to complain, the truck is paid for, and in the next few months, it'll be getting the works to keep those profits coming in.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tire rolling resistance (copied from another forum). - dhirocz - 10-31-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.