Ultracapacitors, Are they worth it?,...
05-30-2016, (Subject: Ultracapacitors, Are they worth it?,... ) 
RE: Ultracapacitors, Are they worth it?,...
We have always run AGM batteries. I change them every 2 years like clockwork while they are still good and use the batteries for other projects (like backup power to this website).

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-30-2016, (Subject: Ultracapacitors, Are they worth it?,... ) 
(05-29-2016 )biscuits and gravy Wrote:  Thanks for starting this thread about the Uktra capacitors and also highlighting the AGMs.

The prices on the AGMs are more reasonable now and I'm thinking I should make the move soon to the AGMs.

Shop around, they go on sale now and then. I have the Fleetrite made by East Penn, group 31, caught them on sale at the International dealer. They should be having that sale again, International tends to keep a regular cycle on their specials. I think the AGMs will be on sale in the next month or two along with the AC compressors.
replyreply
11-23-2016, (Subject: Ultracapacitors, Are they worth it?,... ) 
AGMS are?? Would deep cylce marine batteries, or blue top optima would be good for hotel loads?
replyreply
08-22-2017, (Subject: Ultracapacitors, Are they worth it?,... ) 
If you're the kind of driver who thinks trucks can go thru 2 feet of water, lookout. That explosion Rawze was referring to will happen. Think about the height of the batteries in a Peterbilt...or a Volvo.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(08-22-2017 )bossboy2 Wrote:  If you're the kind of driver who thinks trucks can go thru 2 feet of water, lookout. That explosion Rawze was referring to will happen. Think about the height of the batteries in a Peterbilt...or a Volvo.

Blow the cab off of the frame... I have enough issues with this truck, explosions are not in the narrative. I'll stick with my AGMs.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: bossboy2
Speaking of the AGM's, do you need anything special to use them? I.E, a new/upgraded alternator? Anything like that?
replyreply
(08-22-2017 )bossboy2 Wrote:  Speaking of the AGM's, do you need anything special to use them? I.E, a new/upgraded alternator? Anything like that?

Nope, I have all OEM original on board, alternator, cabling (I did replace 100 feet of it with good welding cable due to shitty factory cabling). But, I do have a 3400 watt stereo system that I installed what, two years ago? I put a small AGM in my cab, in the closet. I have the three amps hooked to it, with an ignition controlled selonoid between it and the 4 main truck batteries. That little AGM carries the load and is charged via the alternator when the key is on. No issues with any of the batteries. And I know for a fact, that little AGM has started this truck. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: bossboy2 , Rawze , LargeCar
06-22-2018, (Subject: Ultracapacitors, Are they worth it?,... ) 
Does no one carried AGM??
replyreply
06-22-2018, (Subject: Ultracapacitors, Are they worth it?,... ) 
(06-22-2018 )74bassman Wrote:  Does no one carried AGM??

I got mine at MHC in mcdunough,... they work great for us.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.